FIRST BLOOD WITH THE HORNADY 6.8 100gr GMX FULL BOAR.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great results, like the new format. I thought the Apollo preformed very well for the humidity

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome video. Those are some great bullets. Thank you for the great video

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Loved you following the owl and the yote and dillo were pretty cool too, just so much to see with thermal.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way to cool video, got to see stuff flying all over!!:) Very nice. thanks for posting. BANG BANG!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The new intro is definitely a keeper.
The break-down of the gear used is a nice addition as well. Good demonstration of the change from NV to thermal, and what each is capable of in that situation.
Amazing clarity of the different species of critters in the field there. Those little ones, the yote, owl... as well as the targeted hogs.
Very nice vid Kemosabe.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks Rat!

So what did yall think about the talking and explaining things more like a hunting show?? I noticed most people have only watched the first 2 minutes the shooting has not even started by then.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The talking and explaining is a huge wealth of knowledge. Knowing how it all works and what all works helps with looking for nightvision and thermals of my own. I always watch the whole video because the shooting is the most exciting part but I can see why people really just want to watch how you explain everything. Very professional, very well formatted and very well done sir. Thank you for everything you do

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The back ground/history helps to bring the viewer into your perspective... bring 'em along side you (so to speak). Keeping the content relevant to the image is key, that keeps it interesting for the viewer to want to see more.

Odd... that some would quit watching at the two minute mark... what's up wit' 'dat?

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I like the format. Good job.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I noticed most people have only watched the first 2 minutes the shooting has not even started by then.

Two thoughts. First is that 2 minutes is about the average attention span of most vid viewers, a bit longer on phones. http://buzzkeep.com/future-100-facts-video-stats-123655/

Second, people tend to skip to the action just like they FF their DVR during home programs. So you will still be getting some folks watching a good sampling of the good part and skipping the intro business and parts where there isn't action.

Where this is going is that you are going to get some polarity is viewership. Some folks will watch all the way through (and that is why I put an 'Easter Egg' at the end of some of mine, just to be fun for those that stick around). Other folks watch the obvious cool parts and nothing more. So the 2 minute or so average isn't unusual.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
that is why I put an 'Easter Egg' at the end .

I hope Angry Bird's getting cookie and a half wages for having to also be laying Easter Eggs for you as well as doing your taxes, editing, etc. (Slave driver)

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I can't add any more constructive criticism, but that was the closest I have ever felt to being part of the action. I love all of it, but I JUST bought thermal spotter and night vision and now I have to find out what I can get for my other kidney so I can buy an Apollo.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I am guilty of skipping through videos looking specifically for what I wanted to see.

here's what I think might be helpful and it would probably get more people looking at your videos. Specify the model of the particular thermal scope being used in the name of the video each time.

When I want to see videos of any sort not just related to hog hunting on a particular thermal camera or scope I do a Google search for the model name of the scope.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am guilty of skipping through videos looking specifically for what I wanted to see.

here's what I think might be helpful and it would probably get more people looking at your videos. Specify the model of the particular thermal scope being used in the name of the video each time.

When I want to see videos of any sort not just related to hog hunting on a particular thermal camera or scope I do a Google search for the model name of the scope.

That is tagged in the video so it should come up if any of the key words are searched for like hog hunting, thermal, apollo, LWRC, ect.

At least that's how it was explained to me.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Two thoughts. First is that 2 minutes is about the average attention span of most vid viewers, a bit longer on phones. http://buzzkeep.com/future-100-facts-video-stats-123655/

Second, people tend to skip to the action just like they FF their DVR during home programs. So you will still be getting some folks watching a good sampling of the good part and skipping the intro business and parts where there isn't action.

Where this is going is that you are going to get some polarity is viewership. Some folks will watch all the way through (and that is why I put an 'Easter Egg' at the end of some of mine, just to be fun for those that stick around). Other folks watch the obvious cool parts and nothing more. So the 2 minute or so average isn't unusual.

Yes this is why I always tried to keep my videos short and too the point. Been wanting to try this format for a while I'll at least do a few more and see what the response is. Only negative I can see is youtube rewards you if people watch the whole thing. The less average percentage watched the farther back the video falls in the search results.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Maybe if you are going to talk and explain have less advertisement or incorporate it into the talking? I like the whole video but that is just me.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Maybe if you are going to talk and explain have less advertisement or incorporate it into the talking? I like the whole video but that is just me.
I always put that text in the videos showing what I was using for equipment but people still asked this seems to have stopped that. I can tweak it more next time thanks for all the help guys!