East Texas Hogging with 6.8spc 110gr Corbon DPX

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
well, its all the other stuff that goes into the hunts that make it so much fun, not just the actual shooting of the pigs... it's fun and entertaining to be able to watch it all going on especially while being stuck at work and not able to be out doing it myself! fantastic idea you have there DJ, you could call your show "Rolling Thunder" but i have the copyright on it for when the BR Gang gets tech support going in the right direction lol

D

djones

you could call your show "Rolling Thunder" but i have the copyright on it for when the BR Gang gets tech support going in the right direction lol
ha, that'll be the day.

no worries tho. i have something in mind. mite take me a day or two to put it together.

D

djones

ok, just met with the attorney and banker. looks like team OinK is bankrupt. tornadoes wiped out OinK's cattle, floods took out the fences and roads, wind swept away the crops and kaputt killed all the hogs... not to mention we have no guns or scopes. only alternative now is to offer my services to tlm as creative editor. here's a sample of what i have in mind.

ps - i hope your buddy has as good a sense of humor as you, if not, then i hope he wouldn't hit a senior citizen

take1a_zpsywqrflxv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

djones

and homeboy, i've been thinking about the pivots. i've reviewed all my vids and don't see where i've hit anything on the irrigation system. now i have to ask you... how the heck can you see anything at all?

take2_zpslnfekcpr.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have always preferred the 110 TSX and the tactical TSX from SSA, fortunately I have many boxes remaining. Never shot the tipped TSX(TTSX)

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The tipped version according to the "experts ," won't reliably open up at 6.8 velocities. It was designed for the 270. However, within 150 yds, the 6.8 has plenty of steam to make it function properly. Especially on heavy bodied critters like hogs.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The tipped version according to the "experts ," won't reliably open up at 6.8 velocities. It was designed for the 270. However, within 150 yds, the 6.8 has plenty of steam to make it function properly. Especially on heavy bodied critters like hogs.
Proved that wrong after measuring the next day the farthest hog was 220 yards bullet went in left shoulder exited mid body right side.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That's why I like them so much. Plus they are very accurate in my rifle.

D

djones

sorry if i missed it in the presentation, but i wonder how fast those stingers are sizzling out of the barrel. now me personally, i'd take your word for it, but OinK will want to see a vid of the chrony. not that he doesn't believe you, but he has his suspicions about your kill counts... j/k of course!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
and homeboy, i've been thinking about the pivots. i've reviewed all my vids and don't see where i've hit anything on the irrigation system. now i have to ask you... how the heck can you see anything at all?

LOL... I imagine no one here can see anything from your vids DJ. Certainly not me.
Considering your Spray & Pray field tactics, it will be interesting to see how the irrigation functions.