Drones, not just for .gov surveillance anymore

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Why does any of this surprise anyone. Just do the math 700,000 x $5. That's just the beginning. It's just another money grab and a way to control everything we do. Who here believes that the government will ever drop the fee for suppressors? I don't think so.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
That isn't possible with current technology. Lag in video and/or control signal is way too great to be able to do this even with LTE/4G or high speed internet connections.

But what if you aren't "flying" the drone, but just altering the way points? If the drone was currently in a "waiting and hovering" spot ... and you remotely assigned a new set of way points ... what would happen?
:)

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think it's a LOT more than just copters.... RC fixed wing too (I think)... a LOT more than the anticipated 700K projection of just copters for Christmas. Gotta find SOME means of paying for Obummer-Care's expenses. This is a BIG money grabbing scheme. What's being registered/taxed? The air frame? The body? The motor(s)? What happens when you crash/rebuild? They want retroactive registration too. Who are the toy-cops to ensure 100% compliance?

They can't track hordes of illegals, but god help honest people who fail to be in 100% compliance here.

mt-ed

I'm wondering just how long it is going to take the terrorists to figure out how advantageous using drones will be to do their dirty work? They can mount weapons, drop IEDs, and lord knows what other tasks they may come up with. I'm also wondering.......will Osama Obama make an executive order to outlaw all drones, and confiscate them like he want so do with our firearms?

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Have to register a toy?? What a dang joke!!! Folks we are in for some seriously weird times the next 12 months!!!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I also think some of this is fed by Amazon's plans to have a fleet of delivery drones... can't allow profits to go untaxed in new ways.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Government has suspended the registration of drones until?? AKA: the government site was nowhere ready to do such a job!!! This is just my opinion!! LOL LOL!!!

I would suspect this might never get off the ground!! (get it,, off the ground)!!! I crack myself up!!!! or at a minimum be postponed a few more times!!!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I fell victim to a good salesman/demonstrator and bought one of the small drones with a 5.4g camera. I just got it ready to fly and started to learn. Using the crawl/walk/run philosophy trying to get it off the ground. First attempt was not successful as the front wants to lift off prior to the rear even with the trim set to the max. Better read the instructions on how to overcome this and try again.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL... yeah... like calibration steps (if there are some), once you get it lifted, don't want a runaway. The black helicopters will be coming for you.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I heard OSO is working on one to go to the fridge, pick the coldest beer and bring it to his chair. Opened of course. Sell that to Budweiser.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Really should start working on a voice activated one in all reality.
"Drone...wake up...drone go chase those dogs out of my yard....you know, important stuff.