ATN X-Sight

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
There is a small tab on the side of most all SD cards that can lock out from writing or deleting. If that tab is in the lock position, healf way in the lock position or very loose you can get corrupted files while saving.

Is your SD card new, used, well used? Any flash memory device has a fixed life span that depends on how many times it has been written and rewritten to. Before you have to try to deal with a return with ATN I would definitely try a good quality new SD card.

I've had some of the cheap ones not able to save any files even when brand new.

DFWRoadkill

SUS VENATOR CLUB
I agree about the fixed focus on the 3X. I have to have manual focus. They weren't very out front about that.

DFWRoadkill

SUS VENATOR CLUB
EGarza04 - It is a micro SD card...no tab... Agree on the SD card quality and you need to use top quality batteries also. I had both the XT and the X-Sight shut down under .308 recoil on cheap batteries. It was reatable. Switch to Duracell's or Energizers, no issues.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
its just you lol...I use them in many things, as well as plugged in to the SD adapter for use in devices that take an SD card

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
DFW...would love to see a thread on THF that is called X-Sight Issues/Resolutions, or something like that. would be a thread to track issues with the scope(s) for others to see and for ATN to address and post fixes. I don't have mine yet otherwise I would create a thread.

It would need to be clarified up front that it is not a bashing thread, but informational to track issues and resolutions.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have 2 new 32G micro SD cards, both do the same thing. Since it works 4-12 times my thoughts are it is an issue with the scope itself. I have tried upgrading the firmware also.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OK, got it to record 1 time this morning, very clear day, sun behind clouds, the best I have see after adjusting the controls for the best picture. there is sound

RevMS

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Frank, does it look that hazy in the viewfinder or is that just in the recording ... or is it foggy in FL today?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
no Sir, hazy in the viewfinder also and NO fog..the view is a tiny bit better through the viewfinder, clear by the naked eye.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes sir, my feelings too after waiting since Feb for my only night vision unit and recorder.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
well the box says made in china, my first clue.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Have no idea, actually I did read, but can't remember. I have an email into both the distributor and atn for a reply on what their thoughts are on the video.

tech96

TEXAS
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I ask because I have the 3x on order. I had Lasik so I don't know if I can't focus it then it might not work for me. I want to get it and try it instead of canceling my order.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It does have the diopter focus for your vision but mine is maxed out almost still my pic is not much sharper than the video because of no focus adjustment on the front like the 5x

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is foggy also, not as bad as mine but certainly not clear.