AR Pistol

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah you cannot take a rifle lower and convert it to a pistol is my understanding...it all depends on how it was first sold and called in even if bought privately. Also the way you hold the weapon or "how it is fired" is irrelevant and not regulated. Your intentions for a butt pad like mine is so as not to damage the pistol if bumping or dropped. It is easily removable.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey, it is OK, fine by me. There are letters out there from ATF saying what is ok and what is not. Offically if 1 thing has been approved, like a cane tip, on official letterhead and from the enforcement division, then they question my butt head, which is nothing but a larger cane tip, all they really can do is send me a letter or ask me to remove it as unauthorized. Quite frankly they have bigger fish to fry than a cane tip on a pistol.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
No need to notify anyone about a private sale in Texas. If you buy it at cabelas they do a NICS check and that is the only notification the gov gets.

The seller of the last rifle you bought probably asked you to sign a bill of sale. It was just a CYA document so if you did something illegal withthe rifle or it was stolen from you and someone else dis something illegal the law doesn't come after him. If they do he has a signed document saying you bought the rifle from him and you were the last legal owner. Gets confusing huh...