LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good going, nice hogs there!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice! Did y'all call them again or stalk up on them?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats on a couple of good lookin' hogs.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice work on the hogs!

I was reading the comments on thermal. I have used a MTM, W1000, Thermal Eye X50, and Thermal Eye x200 (if I remember right), however, I do not own thermal myself. The huge advantage , i see, thermal has over gen III night vision is spotting ability. I firmly believe in spotting with thermal and shooting with gen III night vision. I feel thermal imagers don't have the resolution to 100% ID a target in all situations. I hunt around cattle and have mistaken bedded and lone calves for hogs in the thermal, but as soon as I see them through a pvs 14 I can easily tell if its a hog or not. I'm not putting thermal down at all, in fact, I can't wait to be able to get my own! Just stating my preferred way of using the tools of the trade.

I've yet to try calling hogs. I have made grunt sounds with my mouth and kicked around some dirt before and was able to get a few of a sounder to move towards me in the dark. I think they were just curious as to what I was more than me actually calling them or speaking there language. I will have to try a sow protection sound the next time I'm stalking in on a sounder in the dark just to see what they do. It would be great to get 20 hogs to come to 10-15 yards and have 3-4 shooters ready and waiting.

I've rambled enough. GO KILL PIGS!!!

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice! Did y'all call them again or stalk up on them?
Nope I don't have a Foxpro yet, may get one real soon though, I got these two by hiding in some cover and making about a
175 yd shot. The hogs around here are really skittish, it's really tough to get inside a hundred yards of them. They will
come into the corn pretty good if you soak it in beer or diesel and don't set yourself up too close to the feeder pipe. I am
open to trying any and all suggestions for new tactics to try out.

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Afalex1,

I wish you would learn how to call those damn hogs !! I think you got the skunks down, now work on the hogs!!

I use an thermal eye 200 for spotting, and NV for shooting. Thermal works well, and has saved a lot of US lives in Afghanistan.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
If they sold The Rosetta Stone in hogspaniola I would get it. Until then I'm only learning through native experience and its slow.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
congrats on the hogs

I have the FoxPro Shockwave, but haven't tried it on hogs yet...

Might be fun to use it at night from the blind, stick it near one of the feeders...