Zombie Hog!!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
First Zombie Hog This Year! I was waiting to see if another was coming across the fence line. I started to think, I better shoot this guy, he is big and more than likely alone. I usually take a high shoulder shot but thought I would take a head shot instead. I remember being back just a little because of some hanging branches in between us. Might have been too far back in the neck area.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Too bad...I hate when that happens

TomH FW

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Well it sure looked like he went down, but then just before you started to descend, looks like he might have moved to the right.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I bet you find him, the buzzards will be along to help shortly. My guess is he didn't go far.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Mother Nature will take care of the rest. Sorry you could not fin that one! BANG BANG!!

PS: Looked like a good shot though??:)

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You'll get the next one. No draught issues goin' on there at present.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I went back at first light, it looks like he plowed dirt for a while, must have lost use of his front legs but must have regained use because no hog anywhere.
On a much lighter note, walking back up to my truck, I was surrounded by 5 or 6 Sheriffs, lights a blazing! They asked what are you doing with a rifle next to the highway. I said, it's Texas, what do you think I am doing. Which they proceeded to check out my gun and the Gopro and said they had AR's in the vehicles and would I like some help finding my lost hog! We all got a good laugh, I told them they should have waited a couple minutes, I was about to change clothes and they could have got me in my underwear next to the highway carrying an Ar. It is never boring around here, that's for sure.
Also met the landowner next door, talked to him for a half hour at his gate. He showed me his gun, I showed him mine. Man stuff. Exchanged numbers and said he would let me know if he wanted me to trap. I didn't ask to hunt because he hunts.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Had to be funny, well did they look any! Good on the landowner, never can talk to too many!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Careful about verbage... standing around a group of cops... not a good time to (with AR in hand) say: "I'm killin' pigs" LOL

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You'll get the next one. No draught issues goin' on there at present.
This place is swamped. I was an hour and a half in my stand already and it was down pouring the whole time right before that hog came out. It had just stopped, I was soaked and wiping the moisture off the scope with a cloth when I looked up and saw a black snout sticking out by the fence.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think we are up to 7-10" for the last 2 weeks and still coming thru Mon.. Last Night TLM TXT he was in a downpour too. Then they said Houston was getting 4" and 12" in some places...

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
6.8 and 120's and he wouldn't have darted off lol

I did the same thing a couple years ago, but it was lined up two hogs, the second one got up after 30 seconds and bolt, think I just knocked it silly for a bit, bullet didn't take out the nervous system

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's a funny story there. Someone must have seen you from the road you think and called them?? Glad they had a decent attitude. Well, you tried to find him and that is what counts. Better luck next time. BANG BANG!!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's a funny story there. Someone must have seen you from the road you think and called them?? Glad they had a decent attitude. Well, you tried to find him and that is what counts. Better luck next time. BANG BANG!!
I asked them why they were there, he said they were just coming back from a big accident and going to get a breakfast taco together up the road and the first guy saw me and spun around so they all just swarmed in.

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great story. Too bad about the hog.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It looked like one of your game cameras flashed at you about where the hog was when you shot it. Was there anything visible on it?

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It looked like one of your game cameras flashed at you about where the hog was when you shot it. Was there anything visible on it?
Very observant! First thing I did was pop the sd card out and take it with me before I left. Laptop was in the truck and because of the heavy rain there was just pictures of moisture. That was exactly where the cam was set on that trail. I was hoping it would tell me more, was disappointed it didn't.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's too bad. I've always find it interesting to see things flash IR though the camera lens when it isn't visible to the naked eye.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Funny you say that, I thought it wasn't working and when I saw it on camera I was surprised how bright it was.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
When I first got my PVS-14 kept flashing the tv remote in the mirror to count the flashes.