WHAT IS THIS???

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have asked 5 guys who work in the plants locally, some other guys that have been around for awhile and three neighbors and no one seems to know what it is. I found this and a wood handled claw hammer in the middle of a FM road down by Port Lavaca, so I picked them up. I thought I would post it here and hoping someone could learn me sumtin!!??:)SSC_0066.JPG

On the right side the top unscrews if that helps any?? I have never seen one??

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
a mic of some kind? Nah, I don't know

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If there are measurement graduations to index to a mark... then I'd agree with Frank that it's a measuring device for a piece of equipment. If there are no graduations for measurement, then I'd surmise it would be some sort of slide stop regulation device for a piece of equipment.

The hammer... for bending nails, and harsh correction of knuckleheads.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I do believe it is some kind of crimping tool, because you can whack the snot out of it. You can see where it has been hit but know one knows what it is. RDog I thought for some reason you would be the one to answer this puzzle of mine. Someone will see it and tell us all???:)

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think parts or attachment are missing, take it to a shop and they can tell you, maybe even an ACE Hardware if it has old guys there.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes, it could very well be a crimping tool for some heavier gauge wire.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think parts or attachment are missing, take it to a shop and they can tell you, maybe even an ACE Hardware if it has old guys there.
It is all there Frank. No place for or to put anything else on it and there is nothing broke off.