The Hard Way

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I met up with my uncle and cousin to make us a little round to see if we could find some shooting. Ended up with a little more than I had bargained for! We found a few sows and pigs grazing in a grown up bottom and this guy was in there with em... The grass was so tall he was the only one we could see besides a glimpse here and there of a sow so we just set up and watched for awhile. Finally a couple of sows got in an opening and it was go time! They told me to take him and started the countdown, but as luck would have it he turned straight away before they hit zero... Not too much of a problem, right? I went ahead and stuck a 120gr OTFB right in his turd cutter and he went straight down along with their sows. This is where the fun starts! We are laughing and enjoying the moment when he jumps up and starts carrying the mail straight out the back. ( and straight away from us) My cousin and I stick 6 more in his butt, but he makes it to the thicket. We knew he wasn't doing very well when he got there so I just follow him in with my rifle in one hand with the scope on and flashlight in the other. There's no blood so I'm just easing along alternating between the scope and the light when the scope fills up with charging boar! I gave him 3 more as I was backing up and he called it quits lol We didn't have a tape and wasn't about to drag him out of that mess though... I have got to get a tape and a Six8 I'm thinking!! image.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Big boar!!! Congrats, especially on NOT getting hurt.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That will check your blood pressure. Wal Mart has plastic coated 60 inch tapes for about 5 or 6 dollars......just saying.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That was charging you in the brush and you went in after a wounded hog? You can be my hunting partner anytime! "here hold my Beer" Dubs! Glad you did not get hurt! He is a nice one

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks guys, it was a fun hunt for sure!!

rrv333

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Fun times

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow. Biiigg Boar. Takes a lot of guts to go into heavy brush to finish one off. Good to hear you are OK - and Congrats!
Oh yeah, just like Chopperdrvr said - get a tape to measure heart girth..

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow what a story! Glad you got him and not vice versa

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glad you got him. Congrats. Big good looking pig! Be careful tho! Those cutters could do some work on you if u lost your footing!

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
any other forum and that might sound weird lol. very good!!
I am from deep in the piney woods country... We carry banjos and everything! Lol

cletus

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I met up with my uncle and cousin to make us a little round to see if we could find some shooting. Ended up with a little more than I had bargained for! We found a few sows and pigs grazing in a grown up bottom and this guy was in there with em... The grass was so tall he was the only one we could see besides a glimpse here and there of a sow so we just set up and watched for awhile. Finally a couple of sows got in an opening and it was go time! They told me to take him and started the countdown, but as luck would have it he turned straight away before they hit zero... Not too much of a problem, right? I went ahead and stuck a 120gr OTFB right in his turd cutter and he went straight down along with their sows. This is where the fun starts! We are laughing and enjoying the moment when he jumps up and starts carrying the mail straight out the back. ( and straight away from us) My cousin and I stick 6 more in his butt, but he makes it to the thicket. We knew he wasn't doing very well when he got there so I just follow him in with my rifle in one hand with the scope on and flashlight in the other. There's no blood so I'm just easing along alternating between the scope and the light when the scope fills up with charging boar! I gave him 3 more as I was backing up and he called it quits lol We didn't have a tape and wasn't about to drag him out of that mess though... I have got to get a tape and a Six8 I'm thinking!! View attachment 3459
what a night!!! Dubbs where he at! Dubbs where the .... he at!!!!Hey Hey!! Lol!!!He dead I think!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If you were in the big piney woods had to be in east TX. Spent some time growing up there. Jasper and Lufkin..
Hope all the TX people are not drowned. Dang you had had lots of rain.. The news makes it look really bad.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Dang Rob you are full of surprises. I live on Sam Rayburn.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you have his head off and getting ready for a euro?