Sneak peak at the newest Zeus 75mm

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Does this include the Predator 336? and would it be even worth sending in? If you know? Thanks in advance. BANG BANG!!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Does this include the Predator 336? and would it be even worth sending in? If you know? Thanks in advance. BANG BANG!!

Yes it includes the predator. Not only does this firmware add gain control, it also uses the full potential of the Flir core processing speed. The predator I have now looks twice as good to me than what I had before. Of course my predator was a prototype not full production unit.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes it includes the predator. Not only does this firmware add gain control, it also uses the full potential of the Flir core processing speed. The predator I have now looks twice as good to me than what I had before. Of course my predator was a prototype not full production unit.
Thank you.

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So I've got a 640 3x Zeus - what's the process of making this techie stuff update happen? Just call and talk to someone at Armasight?

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Called Armasight got some info from me and e-mailed me a letter and told me to ship it back to them along with the letter. Told me turn around is about 2 to 3 weeks. No charge to me, but I just got my unit recently though. The End BANG BANG!!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So I've got a 640 3x Zeus - what's the process of making this techie stuff update happen? Just call and talk to someone at Armasight?

Yes set up a return with them must be the Tau2 core.

Drift

LSB Member
This new firm ware...Is there any way to compare the new vs older version? And an opinion on %age of improivment?

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No not in trouble everything is fine. They did not want to release the video until the firmware was complete but I talked them into it because I was excited.

Yes Keaton this is for all the Tau2 cores 336 and 640.
Glad to hear. Once the firmware is ready I'll have him send it in

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Everything is ready send them in at will just call and get a return number.

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
Cool the auto gain firmware upgrade may keep me from really really wanting a reap ir , if it works great.

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks for the info TLM. This is good news. Now I have to decide how to turn loose of my unit for 2-3 weeks - can you say separation anxiety? Maybe I'll coordinate it when I'm gone for a week long vacation this summer.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Cool the auto gain firmware upgrade may keep me from really really wanting a reap ir , if it works great.

The pro line is the only one with control over the auto gain speed.

The standard line does have the gain adjustment now. And I found if the auto gain control is to much I just turned down the smart scene.

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The pro line is the only one with control over the auto gain speed.

The standard line does have the gain adjustment now. And I found if the auto gain control is to much I just turned down the smart scene.
Do you mean the new firmware for the standard line has the gain adjustment?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Do you mean the new firmware for the standard line has the gain adjustment?
Yes the pro has Auto gain speed control, Gain control, and smart scene. Standard has gain, and smart scene no gain speed.

PJW

Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I can't get anyone to answer the phone at Armasight. Left a message. Have not heard back. I called the customer support number, should I be calling a different number?

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
You called the right number. Be patient. They are probably really busy with all the upgrades.

PJW

Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I emailed them through their support site and they called me within 12 hours. RMA and shipping is all arranged for now. Very pleased.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I received a return shipping notification from Armasight today. I shipped the scope to them on 16 feb via fedex 3 day ground. That makes a 4 day turn around time if you don't include shipping. Looks like Armasight is on top of their game with the firmware update process. Way to go Armasight!

I will report back more when I have the scope in my hands.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I received a return shipping notification from Armasight today. I shipped the scope to them on 16 feb via fedex 3 day ground. That makes a 4 day turn around time if you don't include shipping. Looks like Armasight is on top of their game with the firmware update process. Way to go Armasight!

I will report back more when I have the scope in my hands.
Nice, mine is there this AM. Shipped it on Monday. Now the wait begins??? I was curious if they would send a note saying that the scope is being shipped, that is nice of them. BANG BANG!!

YellowHammer

North Alabama
Awesome video, glad to hear Armasight is continuing to improve this scope.

If the new firmware adds gain and gain speed what do those mean in laymen terms and what should they be set to in order to fix the washout effect? I'm still not very good at adjusting the settings for best picture.