SHOT SHOW 2016

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This should be interesting, more STUUFFFF to put on the already long list!! FUN FUN!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You been prototype testing this bird for 'em?

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm headed that way in a few hours. I won't get in till late tonight, but I'll be walking the show tomorrow and Thursday.

Should be some fun new toys to check out!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice, now to add a gun on the drone to fly in and kill them!

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That drone appears to be an all blacked out version of my DJI Phantom3. It's awesome, but knowing what mine cost I'd be skeered to know the price tag for the thermal version!

Also, I'm just learning but flying that much moolah in the dark would be unnerving for this rookie. Looking forward to details and the TLM Shot Show straight scoop!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Still waiting to see some of the good STUFF!!! Can only imagine being there looking at all that STUFF!!! BANG BANG!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hurry and get home, you got some Hogs to kill and videos that need to be made. Can't believe you are not streaming video from SHOT

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I tried uploading stuff during shot but my connection sucked. And by the end of the day I was just to tired.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you must be home, now get busy and entertain us!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I Have been to CES several time cost me some major money when I was building my home theater. Can't I image what shot show would cost me. It would be so cool to go.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Here are some of the pics I took this week at SHOT Show. I have no doubt that others will be along with FAR more info on new cool stuff, but I thought I'd get this party started.

The new FLIR scanner.
I was skeptical about this one until I picked it up. I own the FLIR ONE iphone case with a similar core and find it to be worthless for anything further than spitting distance. However they've made it look VERY workable in this package. There's no chance of confusing this unit for a $3000 thermal scanner, but for about $600 bucks I'm damn impressed with what I could see in the convention hall with it. For a little Lepton core it provided a usable image and I'll probably pick one up to mess around with.
Dollar for scale:
FLIR.JPG

IR Hunter Patrol 300 vs the new REAP-IR
Patrol with it's 20mm lens
REAP-IR with a 35mm lens
REAP-IR has a new mount that should allow it to work with higher calibers than the dovetail mount the Patrol uses.
IRHunter 1.JPG IRHunter 2.JPG IRHunter 3.JPG IRHunter 4.JPG IRHunter.JPG
Some Oasys thermal.
Spent about 20 minutes at their booth hoping to put a bug in their ear about selling their stuff to the civilian market. Currently I understand this stuff is all unobtainiam unless you're law enforcement or military. Of course it's currently priced for that market. I'd love to have the little one as a helmet mount but even if I could order it the $20K price tag would slow me down....
Oasys 1.JPG
Oasys.JPG
I tried to get some decent pics of the Torrey Pines units. They looked better than I expected, but considering they basically shine a flash light on you with that screen, I can't see using them for anything where light discipline is needed.
Torrey Pines 1.JPG Torrey Pines 2.JPG

I thought these things were pretty slick. Plenty of colors and the one on the far right is IR. Some flash, others are steady on. They're flexible, think silicone and have velcro on the back side.
V-lite 1.JPG V-lite 2.JPG

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some pics of the **** GoPro mount for the PVS14
I'm told I think its UNV has a version coming out shortly as well that has some better features.

Gopro mount 1.JPG Gopro mount 2.JPG

You can see how much it extends the viewing end of the PVS14. Not sure if this will be an annoyance or not.
Gopro mount 3.JPG

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I know NOTHING about this company and didn't get a chance to stop by their booth. However I saw these in the "new products" area and thought they looked interesting. No idea on prices or quality, but the more Class 1 IR stuff introduced to the market the better IMO.

The second one down sure looked interesting. Visible laser, IR laser, IR illuminator and red dot all in one package.....
Holosun 1.JPG Holosun 2.JPG Holosun 3.JPG

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thank you for the post sir! Lots of new things to look at. The mount on the REAP-IR is a D-LOC and they are excellent mounts.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thank you for the post sir! Lots of new things to look at. The mount on the REAP-IR is a D-LOC and they are excellent mounts.
Welcome. I didn't catch that it was a D-LOC, I've always been happy with my LaRue mounts and wasn't sure about other quality options....

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some pics of the **** GoPro mount for the PVS14
I'm told I think its UNV has a version coming out shortly as well that has some better features.

View attachment 3023 View attachment 3024

You can see how much it extends the viewing end of the PVS14. Not sure if this will be an annoyance or not.
View attachment 3025

Now that looks like vaporware thrown together for SHOT just to have something to talk about...they are well known for that **** that is

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Now that looks like vaporware thrown together for SHOT just to have something to talk about...they are well known for that **** that is
That they are, however I spent some time talking to the guy that claims to have designed it. He claimed they were already shipping. That said, I ordered one the first day they were available for pre-order and have not received shipping notification.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
TLM has been demoing the one that Ultimate will be carrying and has videos up on it...I am betting you can talk to him about it.