Pro line is here!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats on the mighty fine purchase Dax!! Can I borrow some money!!!:) THERMAL THERMAL!! BANG BANG!!

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
1 -50 mm Apollo pro
3- q14's
2- 100mm Apollo pros
3-extended battery packs
2-rail mounts
2-laser range finders for Apollo
1-3X magnifier for Apollo

Geez lol. You should be covered. I've been looking at the IR Patrol.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Was gonna order a Zeus... Might be an ir Hunter now.

IR Hunter Mark II? One thing I had commented on with the BAE core was the image in the video recording. If you can change contrast, that may be what I was seeing. May just be video output.

I can't remember do you have the Mark II? Will be great to compare them all, looking forward to your thoughts and hopefully video.

I'm really looking for some feedback on the Q14, size, image, etc with the Quark core.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
My "dream" is to be able to use the q-14 or ir-patrol while in motion and hence as hands free as possible ... helmet mounted.

cores the same ... but housings different and software interface layers (outside core) different, so opportunity for difference in the way they work from user perspective. But it is in their interest to make them as similar as possible to avoid forks in the code (I do software in my day job :) ).

FLIR only uses one GUI for all Tau 2 cores, functions are the same and interface is the same. The standard and Pro line use the same core, therefore have the same features. I have the 2.7.2 core in my 640 Zeus, it now has the following features, same as the Pro :

• 2nd generation Digital Detail Enhancement™
  • Active Contrast Enhancement™
  • Smart Scene Optimization™
  • Information Based HEQ™ that automatically adjusts AGC
  • Silent Shutterless NUC™
  • Accurate temperature measurement for radiometry, analytics and telemetry
http://www.flir.com/cores/display/?id=54717

One thing I've discussed with Armasight is making the core user updatable. The FLIR RS users can update their own core. We would have to remove the top and plug in to the core to update, have the special USB cable and GUI.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Its a MKII......Working on posting the unedited stuff. Its rough, spoiler alert!!! hogs die

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
nice, I read back, so seen you had the Mark II....really cool you can compare all that, have fun...