Patterning a Boar...

81police

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
So I've been following this one particular boar on trail camera for almost 2 months. For the most part, he's been very consistent showing up usually 1 out of every 2 days. Hunting is somewhat tight here, and the pigs are notorious for coming in from nearly all directions, so if the wind's not perfect or close to its better to stay home. On the 4th hunt, 2nd hour he comes out and gives me a broadside shot @ 49 yards. With a center punch shoulder shot the 6.8/120SST anchored him on the spot, surprisingly with no exit wound.

Though he looks massive both on camera and in person, he taped out to 200lbs even. I had been eyeballing the flared lips thinking he would have a set of chompers on him, but he barely had any teeth at all, another young, very healthy boar. Backstraps extracted!

MFDC0222_zpslhddkaf2.jpg

IMG_20160525_160505%20copy_zpsghvq0h73.jpg

DSC01360_zpsmyvsf7l4.jpg

81police

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
another picture of the boar and the surrounding terrain...

DSC01358_zpsmaxplywq.jpg

IMG_20160530_100753832_zpsmrrpnpf0.jpg

IMG_20160425_102754559_HDR_zpsbbixpsbd.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You put a lot of effort into this hog. Good going in getting him.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great job on the hog, even if he wasn't the monster your were hoping for.....

Beautiful property by the way!

81police

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hog dropped where he stood. Flopped a bit but never got up again. I'm partial to Barnes bullets but those SST's are ever bit as deadly.

Beautiful property even while battling horse flies walking in, mosquitos walking out, and sweating all throughout, haha

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good boar! Looks like a lot of time and patience but it paid off in the end

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Real nice boar! I can see that your research and patterning helped put the bullet in him. Congrats for your efforts!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Fun!! Good job! I can't believe he showed up so often. I have a gazillion pics of hogs but none ever that consistent( unless I killed them at the beginning of what might have been a pattern. lol)

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Fun!! Good job! I can't believe he showed up so often. I have a gazillion pics of hogs but none ever that consistent( unless I killed them at the beginning of what might have been a pattern. lol)

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Fine hog! Congrats... all that effort certainly paid off. Kind of surprised he didn't end up a little bigger for ya.

rrv333

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great boar

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some good detective work going on right there...

81police

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB