New member from California

copontheloose

Hello all, I'm retired law enforcement from California and am mostly interested in night hunting, hence my interest in Texas. California doesn't allow anything like that yet. I have thermal and IR optics on the new equipment - looking to test it out in 2024 somewhere, and am looking for good outfits to hunt with. I've got a lot to learn, I've been on three hog hunts in my life so far - one during the day, two at night - Texas and Florida. I hope to meet many of you on the site.
Rico

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to the fray. Thank you for your service.

desmond

"runnin' with sasquatch"
Night hunting requires a lot of experience. You don’t just turn your thermal on and go out in the dark and hunt. I know, when I got my thermal and went out for the first time I thought I could walk around and shoot hogs. I was wrong. You can spend thousands with an outfitter and get nothing. Everyone is looking for a place to hunt hogs, it’s not easy if you don’t own the land. Good luck.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome! Keep watching videos and practice turning on your equipment in the dark. Try with your eyes closed as well. As for outfitters, you'll have to look at some other Texas hunting boards. They have an Outfitter section. I think this site has sponsors as well, not sure how up to date it is.