Hogs in amongst the cows!

Lancer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The Fam wanted to run to grab some fast food from town so I agreed but threw in the stipulation that we needed to kill some hogs on the way back, seemed fair to me. One of the dairies that is hardest to hunt because of layout had been getting nightly visitors eating the cow's feed. We sat and ate and staked out the commodity barn for what seemed like forever (about 45 minutes) but they never came. NOTE ; I have the utmost respect for you guys that sit in a blind all night and wait for hogs but it ain't for me- I was born with a shortage of patience. So we drove up about 25 yards to look down the road where I thought they would be coming in. Turns out they were already there and in with the cows eating away. They busted us and trotted in amongst the cows leaving us no shot. I stood on the truck and could see they never exited the pen but were instead laying down out in the cattle pen. So I walked in and shuffled between cows til IIMG_0713.JPG could get a clear shot. 2 recovered. Home by 11.

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was starting to wonder if ya went on vacation. Thanks for the vid.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I stand hunt only since we don't have the open spaces that you guys have out in Texas.

Cool video!

Last edited:

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I love the way the cows just stood there watching the action. As if to say "get those suckers , they're stealing my breakfast."

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Happy moo-deer there. More dead vermin is a good thing !!! How'd the "help" do with the 9mm squirt-gun?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
just go in and get them...I love it!! well done

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My kind of fast food run, nice!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job Lancer...glad to see you cracking a few more!

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was starting to wonder if ya went on vacation. Thanks for the vid.
Yes, vacation, work and family stuff has put a real damper on my hunting. They are starting corn harvest this week so maybe things will pick up a bit.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Happy moo-deer there. More dead vermin is a good thing !!! How'd the "help" do with the 9mm squirt-gun?
An over protective Jersey bull prevented him from going in to do the "finishing off" with me , but he was glad to help spot and drag em through the fence.

Hunt TXHogs

LSB Member
Boy, I betcha it smells real nice there- I'd probably not be able to set for more than 45 minutes either...

Passing through the BiG cattle operations in Nebraska you could see the stench cloud miles before driving through it and smell it miles after passing

D

djones

good kills there. if the hogs ever get wise, i've found this to be a big help. not so much in the wind though. oh yea... and watch out for the bull!!

djcow_zpsof3qh6u1.jpg

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Boy, I betcha it smells real nice there- I'd probably not be able to set for more than 45 minutes either...

Passing through the BiG cattle operations in Nebraska you could see the stench cloud miles before driving through it and smell it miles after passing
Smells like money $$$.
Actually feedlots are way worse smelling in my opinion.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
HERE is DJ incognito trying to wait for hogs
crazy-pig-drunk-funny-photo.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
NO hack, you just seem to be my kind of people and putting with you what I might be thinking