LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is a big one!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Tooth fairy hog, I would like to catch him!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ya that's a quarter dropped in the track and it was taken near where the third pic was takenwith that huge wallow water hole in the background behind the two little pine tree rubs

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You have Hog Sign...lol

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like he has all the comforts of home right there!

Jeff

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Back to the legalities for a moment... Here in WA state I email both the Sheriffs' Office for the county we will be in as well as Fish and Game. I then get their replies and print the entire email thread. We do call the Sheriff the day before night shooting/hunting and give them a estimate of the areas we will be in. This all gets packed with my hunting license on each trip and we have yet to have an issue. This is advice from a local Sheriff who is a friend of mine (darn near family) and like most common sense things typically works.

Jeff

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
huh?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Jeff FL use to be like that now thankfully we do nothing but go hunting

Jeff

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Rd,

The previous pages mentioned legalities in hunting so I was just passing along what has worked for me. Just being helpful. Who gets called when a Farmer hears shots at night? The Sheriff of course. If they know they don't even show up, typically. If they do the emails are a life saver as it shows you are being responsible.

:)

J

Last edited:

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was lost...I didn't go back and read.

LSB Active Member
I had called FWC and had them look up the actual law. It cannot be ingested. So that outs things from food on the ground to mineral licks. Liquid spray attractants are legal. They just can't be able to eat it
Have you tried a caller? I got bored on a crappy morning waiting for a nice buck who had been on camera every day who obviously wasn't gong to show for me. It was sometime around Christmas and pulled up some hog sounds on youtube and blasted them through my iPhone to see if I could stir any b/f I climbed down. Within 90 seconds I had one not walk, but RUN in. I was impressed enough to know I will be using a caller for squealin' babies at times this summer. I've also found the boars like a bleat call in particular the Primos I've called in 2 boars that didn't walk, but crashed in on me with the bleats. Might be worth a try if you are not having any luck