Got Mine !!

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Bought my corn for this season from a local farmer today. That's 1090lbs here on my little Suzuki P/U. Will transfer it into the big blue plastic bbls to be stored in my dry garage.

Will throw some out for the deer and what is left will be turned into stink corn. IMO the cob corn is better than the dry corn(off the cob)because the entire thing,cob and husks,will ferment and it will get somewhat more skanky(skankier?)than the shelled corn.

Got this load for $.10 per pound. Might go back and get some more. If it spoils for the deer....it will be perfect for the hogs. --- pruhdlrDSC00981.JPG

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i talked to a guy that is going to clear his fields and get me 2000 pounds of shelled corn at about $0.15 a pound. cobs are great but i prefer shelled for making bait drums. up side to cobs is it will keep the deer around trying to eat it longer

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's a fine pile of corn right there.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Shelled corn here is at about .10 a lb, 25 to 35 a 55 gallon barrel 325/350lbs

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I found a few places at that price but didn't wanna drive that far with a trailer full of corn barrels. The stuff I'm getting is 2 miles from where I'll be so it helps

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey that is perfect, close is a good thing.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah, and I'm going to work out some trades for corn. He can't hunt anymore due to a shoulder injury but still wants some venison. I should be able to bag my limit this year so I'll let him carve off pieces in trade for corn