First hog with the 2016 ThOR HD 640

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
nice. The picture clarity was great. Music needs to be worked on. <akes me think of the movie "Deliverance", but then I do march to a different drummer.

What does JAGD stand for !

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to the forum! Exactly which Thor unit were you using? There are several models of 640.

Just curious, why didn't you NUC the image?

I had posted this video here previously. Good to see that the sound and the action are in sync with your scope. That hasn't been the case with other some Thor HD units.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome aboard, not many here using ATN so interesting to see what they offer. I do like the onboard recording (others should adopt that technology). You may want to try NUCing the scope more often, i believe it will yield much better image. Good Job!

Terry

Texas, Land of the Free
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thank goodness finally another ATN Thor user here other than me. LOL

I love my 2015 model THOR 640 2.5X its been my go to scope since the day I bought it with flawless performance overall.

I'm really watching these new THOR HD's to see how they do next few months. SO far from user feedback I've read and the scopes online spec's there are things I like about the new model and few things I don't. Not sure I'm sold on the HD model yet and won't be a early adopter myself.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
nice. The picture clarity was great. Music needs to be worked on. <akes me think of the movie "Deliverance", but then I do march to a different drummer.

What does JAGD stand for !
They are little Terriers with a heart and soul bigger than any dog you have ever seen. They only weigh in the teens but think they are a ton and bullet proof. Great little dogs but get them in the woods and they only know one thing,, FIND SOMETHING TO FIGHT WITH!!!! BANG BANG!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice JAGD, great of your Dad to be able to follow the action

D

djones

lots of cool vid there. i don't think about the nuc thing much myself. as soon as i can see them it's all i can do to keep my trigger finger from going into spasms.

Texas JAGD

Thank you gentlemen.
Jagd is the German word for "hunt" or "hunting". However, I heard of the association with this particular breed of hunting dogs and I'm intrigued to research them more after Curly's introduction to them. We're more a XXL dog kind of family though and have two Great Danes which are both on a raw diet and benefit from my hog hunting activities.

This is the ThOR HD 640 2.5-25x model. Just released at shot show and just now starting to ship. This is my first Thermal unit and I wasn't familiar with the NUC feature. I did a NUC before climbing out of the stand but DJones mentioned - my brain was focused on something else once I was on the stalk.

I did get into ATN's products exactly for the reason of on-board video recording. I've tried other options before, like taking my DSLR on my hunts as well as mounting a GoPro to my bow. But those weren't very satisfying. I have the ATN X-Sight since February 2015 and worked my way through some of the issues ATN had with these units. But I never had any doubt that this new generation of hunting optics would succeed and stayed with them.

You can check out my channel for videos on the BinoX HD or the X-Sight 2. Ask me any questions you might have.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Welcome and good video for sure. I like the drone footage and am jealous 'cause I can't fly mine that good. I usually get good crash footage.

rrv333

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good Video