First Boar of 2014!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That hog was a disco dancer! They can be hard to kill.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Real men keep a hank of manly colored paracord for just such emergencies... and/or a few black bands cut from a bicycle innertube. But, when dire emergencies arise, "burple" scrunchies? Man? Where's my Sharpie? LOL

Yay !!! Cookies !! Didja have to pay rent for the scrunchee with extra cookies?

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
Yes, they are bright. I added a 4.5x lens to see what difference it makes. The 4.5x lens cuts the focused beam size to 1/4 the normal size and 4x brighter (same amount of light just condensed), but the lens is big. I want to built a 10x monocular with one attached for my pvs14 long range ID. I will try and get some pics thru a sightmark photon 3.5x with and without the lens. The 4.5x lens should make a great match with the digital NV the beam is really tight and can be de-focused to a larger size beam that will match the view from the digital. Digitals should be good for 350yds with the 4.5x lens added. Will start a thread when I get some pics and video.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I built some since you posted, got in three T20's, had to re-use the pills because they are out of stock right now, they work well, will give them a test next time out. Haven't tried the lens, may try that next.