2014 Lone Star Boars members get-together.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I just go off of the phone with a guy about getting us a live hog to view through the NV and thermal. Ident has been kind enough to send me a W-1000 and an L320 thermal monocular for demo. It's starting to come together.

cincoranchhntr

LSB Member
Glad to see that the 18th date was agreed upon. I have a hog hunt down near Choke Canyon the previous weekend, so now I will get to do both. I plan to arrive on Saturday and stay till Sunday.
I will bring some venison sausage for all of us to enjoy and maybe some fresh hog to put on someone's smoker.
Also, I have finished updating my Mosin Nagant and will bring it along to show. It now has an Archangel stock, updated scope mount rail and a new Timney trigger. I plan to use it for the hog hunt the weekend (10th) before our meet and greet. Lookin' forward to the event!!

-John

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Look forward to seeing you

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I still should be good to make it out, but it will probably be just one day, thinking Saturday, unless those who can only make it one day are mostly gonna be Friday guys

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
You can add a +1 to me. Looks like the wife and I will be there around 2 or 3 on Saturday. We would be there earlier but we have something to spring out of NFA jail in Austin and the place doesn't open till noon.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Sounds good

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
You can add a +1 to me. Looks like the wife and I will be there around 2 or 3 on Saturday. We would be there earlier but we have something to spring out of NFA jail in Austin and the place doesn't open till noon.
Lucky you! I can't seem to get mine a bail hearing.

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Lucky you! I can't seem to get mine a bail hearing.
HA! I was supposd to have them 5 months ago but the ATF screwed up my stamps. I only know of one of my stamps that is fixed so far, hopefully the other will be there by the time I am.

For those of you looking to book a hotel room, I found an Americas Best Value Inn in Rockdale that was $30 cheaper than the one in Calwell. Total room price after taxes was less than $80.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
And Rockdale is not a bad drive from my place either.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think that is about right

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That's why I picked it. From your description in this thread of where your place is, it should be around 20 minutes.

Does that sound about right?
Yes sir.

Eddy Gein

LSB Member
Will there be a directions post? or did I skim over that?
Food list? I can bring a side.
I make some means beans, chili, mashed tater salad ect. just say the word.(you can ask the Lawman about my vittles)

marineimaging

LSB Member
ten to fifteen miles. I'm 8 miles north of Caldwell and about 6 south of Milano. TLM and I were looking at the weekend of the 18 so Ident could attend. Depending on the amount of people that show up it may be hard to plan a hunt. I need to build some type of backstop with poly barrels full of sand for a small shoot. I have access to several rifle targets. I will check with a buddy about him bringing up his auto reset steel. I don't think we need to have any full auto for the first gathering. Lets see how it plays out with the neighbors. BRD has a thermal hog target that we could LOOK at through thermal. He doesn't want anyone to shoot it. Cheap bastard. I have twenty acres and I keep five of it mowed short around the barn for a camping area. The other fifteen is a hay field so we can have a five hundred yard view with NV and thermal.

BTW no brass catchers are allowed. All brass becomes property of the host. JUST KIDDING
You almost lost me on that one! LOL

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am going to Pete's Fine Meats for Frank's big Texas Steak. Looking to get a 48 oz Porterhouse.

It should be awesome.

I understand that it is only an appetizer here in Texas.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Too bad Frank will not be there to eat it.:(

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Don't ya'll need to look for houses or something?