Yo Histopicker...

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Don't know whether methods are compatible with your area's regulations/conditions... but this guy has some good videos.

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No ice here... Thank God!

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I really like this guy. I have watched all his videos and am trying to get him to subscribe to my channel. I am starting to incorporate some snares into my line actually. We do not get much ice here, in fact it is rare. I got a kick out of the part in this video where he complained about snaring the Beaver behind the front legs, that is a perfect snare catch on a beaver. As he stated, he is new to snaring Beaver but I think he will master it very quickly.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I really like this guy. I have watched all his videos and am trying to get him to subscribe to my channel. I am starting to incorporate some snares into my line actually. We do not get much ice here, in fact it is rare. I got a kick out of the part in this video where he complained about snaring the Beaver behind the front legs, that is a perfect snare catch on a beaver. As he stated, he is new to snaring Beaver but I think he will master it very quickly.
I love it when he gets frustrated with his dog "Charlie"... who just wags his tail while he's getting cussed at.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I've got some snares for hogs, but haven't tried it yet, but seen videos on it

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have trapped hogs with that Hold a Hawg leg trap. I have the scars to prove it. lol I took all my hogs out alive and one caught me and grabbed my hand, broke my finger and cut me open pretty bad. She got a good thumping on the head with my free hand but the damage was done. Fun stuff. The trap throws a spring loaded snare up the leg and the trap drops off. Problem is the hogs tear the snare up everytime and making a new snare with a new spring is kind of difficult. I have had the snare cable broken quite a few times too. Just dont tie it off to a barbwire fence, they will take the whole fence down.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Funny Dan, we need video of that!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yea, I caught close to 300 hogs last year and took them out alive. One by one I hog tied them and brought them home to resell them. Man, there were some funny times. I love adventure but at 50 yrs old and not as skinny as I once was, I thought I should mature a bit and do something else. I miss it, growing up isn't nearly as fun!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah handling a wild hog is fun and for younger men than me in better shape!