Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
All you can say is wow

1956_4x4

Crestview, Florida
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'd have packed up and gone home. There would be nothing to top that except a unicorn walking past. Folks wouldn't even believe the video.

Smitty

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah let someone on our lease say they saw a Kangaroo...LOL Never happened!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Not unless they shot it

marineimaging

LSB Member
What would happen if you shot one here in Texas? Do we have an open season? I don't see Kangyroos in our list by County. LOL

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am more inclined to believe that it would be treated by the court as livestock which had escaped.

Don't shoot someone's livestock.

marineimaging

LSB Member
Good point, however, if they are treated like exotics and are not protected what is the difference between shooting what should have been the first domestic hog that escaped captivity and now threatens our forest lands and the first caged kangaroo that escaped captivity and now looks for another of the opposite sex to breed with? Just curious because I had never seen one in America until I saw that video and it raised a whole new set of possibilities.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am more inclined to believe that it would be treated by the court as livestock which had escaped.

Don't shoot someone's livestock.

I don't believe Kangaroo do meet the criteria for livestock under Texas law.

It might qualify as an estray if properly and obviously marked/tagged/branded such that it can be seen from a long distance and if so be considered as somebody's property, but I didn't see any such markings. Not a great video, however.

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I would not want to shoot him anyway

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I've seen a couple, someone had them as pets lol

maybe they can be a new game animal, but bet those legs are tough ha

then again, think about what a wounded kangaroo might be like lol

marineimaging

LSB Member
I would not want to shoot him anyway
I wouldn't necessarily as i only kill what I intend to eat..., unless we have a request by TP&W to help eradicate some particular nuisance critters. Such as coyotes seen killing and eating newly dropped calves or Asian Carp, or Snakeheads, or Lionfish..., things like that.

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
We have a Capybara living in the waste water treatment plant. I see him a few times a month down in the **** ponds swimming around. Zoo escapee, F&G said he is off limits. Biggest damn squirrel you have ever seen.

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Kangaroos are an exotic. So it would be in the same category as feral hogs, ibex, and aoudad.
Feral hogs are treated as exotic wildlife under TPWD regulations but legally most exotic wildlife, feral hogs included are considered escaped livestock. As such, if they are unmarked and ownership can but be proven, they are the property of the landowner of who's land they are on at the given time.

There are some exceptions to this as some exotic animals and fowl are regulated by the state (TPWD) or the feds (USFWS). Examples of these exceptions are phesant and dangerous game such as African lions, rhynos, or elephant parts.