When the Lion lays down with the Lamb

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well when the coyote lays down with the buck. Not sure which has more meat but a good morning sit in my tree stand on the river. The little Ar has it's first deer and song dog!deer and coyote 009.JPG deer and coyote 001.JPG

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is a nice pair! Congrats! What caliber?

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
223/556 Shooting cheap fmj. 55 grain. Shot the deer in the neck, he did the dreaded tip-over. Dog took both lungs but he sprinted about 100 yds at about 100 mph after the spinning around a couple times. I never lived anywhere that a 223 was legal for deer so I had to try it.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shooting, There is a lot better ammo for it and I guess you know fmj is not the best to use..here it is illegal to hunt with fmj... I was always against using the 223/556 but they have some great hunting ammo now.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm sure the dog does, you can keep him and send me the venison. Nice shooting.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Frank,
My area has so few legal deer I was really loaded for Coyotes and Bobcats. Those fmj's just zip through w/o expansion and pelt damage. A good neck shot in the spine on deer and a good head shot on hogs they do fine but I agree there a clearly better choices for deer hunting. The little buck was only 15 yds from my tree stand and the dog was chasing squirrels about 40 yds. Close fun shots.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
that had to be fun ...I have to say my 110gr S&B 6.8 FMJ are accurate and fast

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sounded like an interesting morning with activity!! Good going, nice photos!! BANG BANG!!