What in the world is this thing!?

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I think it is some kind of bird, but I have never seen anything like this. This is the location of the zombie hog and the brain splattering piglet from threads past. I believe something sinister is going on. Red eyes and red horn like things on its head. So creepy!

PICT0019_2_zpsc6ed970b.jpg

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I can't really see it on my phone will have to look on the computer screen.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
has a tail and a little bear like face, wolverine? It almost looks like a bear laying down with a leg out looking like a tail.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think it's a blackbird with wings locked back.

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
It is certainly no buzzard. Its a bird but I cant find anything online that resembles this thing at all.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Why not a buzzard? It is the right size.

I think your bear head is likely just a play of light.

You can't find anything that resembles what you are seeing because you aren't going to find a low angle, partially occluded view that utilizes a low angle lighting from a different direction from a distance, comparative beastiary. In other words, you have a less than adequate image with tricky features for trying to make the ID.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Put the pic in in PS and play with contrast and white balance to see what it is.

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter

You can't find anything that resembles what you are seeing because you aren't going to find a low angle, partially occluded view that utilizes a low angle lighting from a different direction from a distance, comparative beastiary. In other words, you have a less than adequate image with tricky features for trying to make the ID.
duh, what?

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB

Our buzzards do not have hair on their heads. They resemble Vulchers more than really big crow like birds. Also the heads are super tiny with a huge body. This creature is to small of body with to big of a head. Also, the beak, or nose, is too wide for a buzzard.

This is the kind of buzzard we have.

http://buzzardsbeat.blogspot.com/2009/12/buzzards-fly-they-dont-ski.html

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Our buzzards do not have hair on their heads. They resemble Vulchers more than really big crow like birds.

I don't see where you can tell what the blob is cloaked in, whether it is necessarily hair or feathers. The image just doesn't have that much detail given the resolution, lighting, and distance. I don't know that what you are seeing as a "head" is actually the head. That is the problem that I am talking about with imagery, angle of view, lighting, etc. You seem to be dealing with some of the same problems macro cryptid hunters deal with regularly with images that are less than steller. Bigfoot imagery always seems to have some sort of serious shortcoming, most commonly with image quality, for example. It does not help that the image had a gradational distortion from left to right.

Your buzzards resembled vultures? That is good. Buzzard is another word for vulture for our North American species.

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
A Vulcher is a type of buzzard. I just use the name buzzard as thats just what we call them. There are a few different types of buzzards out there. Also, I can very clearly see the outline of the head. It say feathers because i am convinced its a bird. What throws me for a loop are the red eyes and those ears (horn like things on its head).

Last edited: