We be Jammin'

Bakester

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was creepin' down the pipeline ROW heading west to check out a small field that has been pig productive in the past. I stop to scope things out and see how far I am from the fence. Mr. Coyote isn't so wiley and seems mesmerized by the idle of the wheeler. Being so close to the field, I opt to pass on the shot and drive up a little closer.

Go another 50 yes. or so and get out and scope again.

Whoa, lone pig traversing the field heading north into our property. I figure if I hustle, I might be able to catch him crossing our fire lane. I get to the fire lane and set up looking north, thinking he he might pop out farther up.

Ummm, no. I hear branches cracking about 20 yards ahead and left. Panning over, there he is heading to the east and directly in from of me. His head pokes out and.. DAMN, safety on. Safety off and shot 1 away. No indication that he was hit, shot 2 away and the he's semi anchored. Shot 3...F word. A jam.

Now he's 30 yds away and wounded. I am watching trying to access damage/options. I decide to attempt to un jam in blackout conditions to not draw attention. Unsuccessful and decide to reacquire target for further situation assessment. He is now wondering away and I feel ok turning on the headlamp and unclogging the mess.

Round chambered and a couple shots later he's dispatched.

ASC, It's been real but time to move on.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hard to kill that one! Nice hog!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
nice ending, you are jerking instead of pulling your trigger

neorubio

LSB Active Member
Well done and nice hog!

Have you checked if your rifle is zeroed correctly? It looked like it should have gone down with your first shot (just my first thought...).

Bakester

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
nice ending, you are jerking instead of pulling your trigger
HAHA, YES! I noticed that. I was not expecting him to be that close at all and might have had a little adrenaline going. At least thats my story, lol. Video is certainly a great learning tool.

Bakester

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well done and nice hog!

Have you checked if your rifle is zeroed correctly? It looked like it should have gone down with your first shot (just my first thought...).

I did zero at 100 and he might have been 20 - 30 yds. In frame by frame it seems like I might have shot low on the first shot.

Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 5.06.52 PM.png

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
One tough hog!! Happy hunting!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Strong survival will in that one... but, the good guys win again!! Congrats.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got eeeeeeeemmm!