LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
great job!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I love your narration, you sound so cool. I would have to bleep out half of the audio just to make it partially acceptable. Even if I was dubbing it later.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I love your narration, you sound so cool. I would have to bleep out half of the audio just to make it partially acceptable. Even if I was dubbing it later.
ok, we now call him 'the fonz'

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You can also see where some of them had been wallering in the mud. The places where they are still wet is a lighter shade of gray in black hot.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
We had a crazy wild cow on a place I used to help work the cattle. He finally got tired of it and caught her with his rifle.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think your targeting is the best I have seen, do you find it easier or more effective w the thermal over the PVS14?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The thermal is easier to pick up targets because of the high contrast. But the pvs worked well also just did not have a way to record it besides the phone which made running shots difficult for me.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So the thermal has improved your targeting?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So the thermal has improved your targeting?
I don't know how to explain it any better than how I put it above but will try.

The thermal has more contrast to my eye so I see the target faster. Thermal always looks the same full moon no moon, shadows do not exist. The pvs is great full to quarter moon but looses to the thermal in the shadows or extremely dark nights. I had no problems killing multiple hogs out of sounders using the pvs but thermal does help me spot them faster.

Is that better???

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Gotcha, I understand now! What happens to all the used/demo/refurbed or other wise less desirable but still good nightvision and thermal units. Got to be some sitting on shelves/safes not used that could be had for much less $$

Ident Marking

Rockwall, Texas
Vendor
All the demo gear is ours and its what we hunt with. We run it until its junk!! LOL. At times we get nice blem NV tubes and will post those hear when we have them.

-hd

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OK, well that is understandable..yes I have seen ya'll do that at good savings.

Funny thing is I have a Gen 1 Night detective PNS 4.6x52 I got for $75 several years ago and it easily targets to 100 yds BUT it has a weird mount for a russian rifle and I cannot mount it on a rail for use on my 6.8. so is hand held. For my needs it works great but I cannot find a 1-1+ that will do the same that will mount up or I don't know which one to look for.