Tumble Yote - 1st Coyote of 2017

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well, my first, anyway. A nice little pack came in and after fiddlefarting with the controls, picked out the guy making the biggest mess and shot him. He took off running like he was still in good shape and the 3rd shot took all the gas out of him. That he ran with 50 cent piece-sized hole in his shoulder is still a bit beyond my comprehension.

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice, good shootin!!

D

djones

b.s. - wth??? nice shooting and good job get 'likes'??? get your hiney back up there and 'like' my post you turkey buzzard sympathizer!!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice! Running coyotes aren't that easy to hit! Good job

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shot at that distance! And way to start off the New Year!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some good crash and burn there with that third shot. But, yeah, that tank was going dry quickly after shot #1.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice going Brian. I was able to get on this morning also. I won't be able to post anything till I get home. I still think we should keep a count of the coyotes too.

chthump

LSB Member
Brian, good shot, coyotes running are always challenge

In your opinion, was the coyote running flat out or 1/2 speed, i was doing the math on a running 35mph coyote, at 130yds , at /near 2250fps sst horandy(16"barrel assumed), lead should be around 8ft +-, appeared to be around 3 to 3 1/2ft, That figures coyote about 15mph, course he had a small wound that slowed him a bit

Last edited:

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL, in my opinion, the coyote was running as fast as he could. :D The following coyote that I didn't shoot was moving MUCH faster and and probably needed your 8 ft lead or more. I have probably led some bigger hogs by about 4-5 feet, but can't think of a time I tried 8-10 ft of lead.

D

djones

you ain't shooting far enough. hell i've led dirt clods farther than that!

let try this...

nice
good shot
good shooting
nice, good shooting
good job
way to go
good crash and burn
you're the man
can you direct me to the west texas chapter of your fan club

('like' button is in lower right corner)