TRIPLE: Mulefoot Plus 2!

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
You must be working out to hang on to that 100MM with one hand. LOL Great job!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lots of fun action there, congrats Brian. Does the mule foot hit the smoker for the taste test of that theory?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You must be working out to hang on to that 100MM with one hand. LOL Great job!
Yeah, BUT... he used the ladder to help hold it up for the shot... needs more time at the gym to satisfy that critic. LOL

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Love it, good going. A couple dandys plus I saw a heck of a Curly Shuffle going on in the background!!! GOOD ON YA!!! BANG BANG!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Man I expected to see 10 hogs down, that 1 was a good size...did you butcher the mulefoot?

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well, I immediately realized the error of using a ladder for a rest when the ladder was on the opposite side of the stand from the hogs. I had to be sure I wasn't panning through to shoot one of the legs or diagonal struts of the stand.

Nobody got butchered this time, though the mulefoot was about perfect for it. She did have what appeared to be on infected teet, however. It was swollen and distended and looked like it was a clog issue, but none of the other teets appeared to have been suckled.

With a little luck, Mr. TBR will have a few days to bow hunt this weekend without being bothered by hogs, but he doubts it, LOL.

Last edited:

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job and a fine job getting those elitist well behaved mule footsess. Now I need to start looking.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you guys not eating these things are missing one of the great pleasures of life!

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice video, we've killed a few "mule" footed hogs over the years. Always figured they were just a genetic mutation, and never knew that they had been specifically bred. We always noticed, because we would ride the dirt roads looking for hog tracks, and put the dogs out on the tracks.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Well, I immediately realized the error of using a ladder for a rest when the ladder was on the opposite side of the stand from the hogs. I had to be sure I wasn't panning through to shoot one of the legs or diagonal struts of the stand.

Nobody got butchered this time, though the mulefoot was about perfect for it. She did have what appeared to be on infected teet, however. It was swollen and distended and looked like it was a clog issue, but none of the other teets appeared to have been suckled.

With a little luck, Mr. TBR will have a few days to bow hunt this weekend without being bothered by hogs, but he doubts it, LOL.

You said "teet" huh huh huh and my best butthead voice.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
and he said unsuckled teet

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shootin, enjoyed the video.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shooting, down them hogs.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have a question about your thermal. I have a Zeus 3 in 640 with a 72mm and this from memory. What is nuc the scope? Is it like reboot? Does it tell you to do it? It is not a pro model. Can you,explain. I,have not hunted with it yet only observation.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
On the Zeus model, NUCing (non-uniformity correction) happens automatically, or you can do it manually by pressing the control buttons at the 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock position at the same time. Sometimes you may want to do it before the unit does it automatically and so the option is there. For lack of a better description, consider it a sort of screen "refresh."

Some brands are manual, some are automatic. Some have multiple settings to accomplish the task depending on the firmware and the type of microbolometer inside.