Trick-R-Hogging

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got a call last evening from my buddy at TBR out near Montague. He has hogs. So tonight I am going Trick 'r Hogging and am hoping for first kill with a new Alexander Arms 6.5 Grendel.

I have candy...

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good luck... and may the kiddos have warm cookies in the morning.

That "candy" wouldn't have red paper wrappers on it now?

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good luck, we expect pictures of dead hogs

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Woohoo! Get em Brian!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Uh-oh? No cookies for the kiddos?

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
With a cold front approaching from the west,I went out for a couple of hours last PM. I have a new'ish stand that looks down my long road. From the ladder stand I can see 500yds+ towards the south. Last night the wind was right so I climbed into the stand at 1830.

Using thermal,I spotted several deer walking down the road about 200yds away. Was looking to get a shot at yotes or hogs. After making several calls with the FoxPro I settled in to watch. Hard to believe I know....however....a dying jackrabbit works great here in NW Fla. I had two gray fox come down the road and they got to within 50yds of my stand before skidding to a halt in the middle of the road. They stood there for a few seconds they stepped into the planted pines.

I heard the yotes barking several hundred yards off,however never spotted one. I have been taking them off the club since I had thermal. No noticeable difference in the population though. Can't hunt them as I want now that deer season has started.

Good Huntin' To All --- pruhdlr

1956_4x4

Crestview, Florida
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Which FoxPro do you have? I've been looking at the Fury II and the ShockWave. Recommendations?

Smitty

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well it was fairly early, but my stamina has not fully returned. I was pretty done in after 4 hours in the stand and about 2 miles of walking fields.

On a positive note, I get to count the distance against my post-op exercise requirements.:cool:

No cookies for the kids, but I don't think they will miss them today. We have Kitkats

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
hide the mags, the kit kats are coming out

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Which FoxPro do you have? I've been looking at the Fury II and the ShockWave. Recommendations?

Smitty
I have the FX32 I bought it back in 2002 still works great.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey Brian, glad to see you back out in the field, glad you are feeling well enough to get out there!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I just helped a friend build a 12' tall 4'x8' shooting house the last 2 days, he already had it prefabbed for install, the tractor was a big help, Now I want one!