team OinK's wake of destruction

D

djones

got into a decent herd in round one. calm wind and bright moon called for careful stalking. fortunately they were spread out sideways so we had several shots. a fair amount of blood and guts were spilled here.

IMG_1602b_zpsyienhady.jpg

D

djones

next herd was even bigger. we were still pretty far out when one must have caught a glimpse of us and moved the herd even farther away. they never settled so we took our shots while we still had a chance. my first hog didn’t go down and it seemed like it took forever to reconnect. of course i had to wait for a clear shot around the pivot.

IMG_1604b_zpsq1j2honq.jpg

D

djones

we were really after large herds digging up peanuts but we’re not above taking out a loner when given the opportunity. we had good cover to slip down the turn row, meanwhile he was skirting the edge headed towards us. suddenly he popped out of the grass and i didn’t even have my scope on. he definitely saw us but must not have been expecting company. we set up in his full view, and even after blowing his heart out and knocking his cap off he managed to dart into the grass. we’ll let the buzzards find him.

D

djones

by now it was really late and this would probably be the last hunt. we had already blown a couple of opportunities on tremendous herds, most likely by our movement. so we stopped at an extra safe distance on these porkys but they kept grazing away. after a three quarter mile hike, we entered creep mode. finally had to setup a little farther than i prefer but they were becoming suspicious. several more are in the tall grass and OinK will sniff them out later.

IMG_1606b_zpsrbc0xvku.jpg

D

djones

man i don't know, well over 100 yards. i wanted to get closer but we had already followed them quite a distance and i didn't want to push it.

oops, forgot a pic. quote from capt red legs terrell... "team OinK ain't hard to follow. they leave dead pigs every where they go"

IMG_1607b_zps02qdxryh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

next herd was even bigger. we were still pretty far out when one must have caught a glimpse of us and moved the herd even farther away. they never settled so we took our shots while we still had a chance. my first hog didn’t go down and it seemed like it took forever to reconnect. of course i had to wait for a clear shot around the pivot.

IMG_1604b_zpsq1j2honq.jpg

It looked to me like shot #1 was a kill shot, probably hit the liver... just took a while to bleed out.

D

djones

OinK... where are you? not still sleeping i hope. i know you only killed one or two of all these hogs, but you know i always give you credit for being there. btw... when are we going again??

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great videos fellas. You reaped them on that first go round!

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hopefully tomorrow I can scout the fields again looking for buzzards. The wheat and rye was so tall a dead pig was almost invisible unless we drove over it. Also, I hate to drive in the fields too much as they are close to planting cotton. One of the farmers we hunt on has been seeing a sounder of pigs every morning around 7:30 AM and I asked him if he seen them on Sunday morning. He said he just seen one and it was covered in blood and could barely motivate. He was thrilled. I'm not taking any pics of decomposed hogs and having them posted on here so you will just have to take my word.