Team OinK takes a commanding lead

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL... the ever popular Taconator Stock !!!

D

djones

LOL... the ever popular Taconator Stock !!!
good eye there rat a tat tat.

Is that a skelotonized stock?......fantastic! I thought it got broken hitting the pig , but I guess it's made that way.
it's a modified skeletor stock with bottle opener.

One? BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG>>>>>>!!!!
One... ONE!!! really??? ONE???!!! lolololol
roflmao_zps9jn0kgk7.gif
roflmao_zps9jn0kgk7.gif
roflmao_zps9jn0kgk7.gif

still sporting a case of laryngitis so count down is a little rough, but here's the first hunt. no hog too great or small. Team OinK kills them all. had a little cover to get up within boot stomping range but decided to just go ahead and shoot. yotes have come to equate the shots to a dinner bell. sure enough, incoming yote. dang 6.8 pop guns couldn't even keep this hog down with two shots in the noggin. got back up and we put a couple more each into him.

more later including rumors of OinK's hollywood contract and dr. suss takes gold on distance shot.

IMG_1324c_zpsdzvjkhcj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

djones

OinK knows where everything is before i ever see it. since he took the last yote, he wanted to boost my confidence by letting me have this tap in. i'm not sure about the long term benefits of the 6.8 yet, but it's not doing anything for my suffering ego. in the hands of a lesser marksman, i fear it would be utterly useless. i know you can't kill anything with a 223, but if things don't pick up, i may have to consider a 300wtf.

D

djones

oops. i could have sworn this hog was facing us. oh well. not the first or last texas heart shot. this guy had a couple good sized biscuits on his hind end too. boy did he put on a show!

speaking of show, OinK has been approached by a hollywood talent scout to star in a new tv hog killing series. i don't think he will take it, but the whole 'hollywood' thing might have gone to his head.

IMG_1327c_zpsd9gpokiw.jpg

D

djones

we had great cover to get up on the pivot hog. the other one, well he was a long shot, literally. enter dr suss. not sure how many casualties the dirt clods suffered, but i think the hog only got in the way of a couple bullets. last shot was a keeper. OinK went back the next day and ranged him at 466. yea, i know it's a world record and i had to account for the earth's rotation and curvature, but i really don't go in for all the 'hey look at me' hoopla. i'm just an average joe and really don't want to draw much attention to myself.

OinK on the other hand goes for the gusto. head shots, dinosaur susses with an obamacare dental plan. and then the pose. sheesh... he spends more time combing his hair for the photo than we do for the stalk! i can't complain though. he is pretty impressive at killing. i couldn't take time to double team the left hog, so no vid on OinK's shot.

IMG_1333c_zpsvjnylaud.jpg

IMG_1337b_zpsi8kavi85.jpg

D

djones

we were after two hogs here, but they were far and one finally wandered off. the stalk was long but shot was easy. this is the result of good countdowns and execution. we decided to hunt more and come back later for the pic. by then novelty of posing had worn off so i just snapped one for takko.

got a dvr pouch for xmas. really like it a lot. keeps things much more organized... AND offers a better view of the skeletor stock... which is a good thing!

IMG_1343b_zpsdydqqhxh.jpg

D

djones

the left hog got a taste of tag team OinK! the other hog didn't seem to be in a hurry so we let him go hoping he would stop. unfortunately, every time he stopped he was behind a tower. when shot opportunities finally presented, we took them. last shot punched him in da faaaace just before he was about to go over the sand berm. even though it looked like a lot of missed running shots, you can see he soaked up his share of lead.

IMG_1338c_zpsotc7mtce.jpg

IMG_1341b_zpsmxrtt5vj.jpg

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That second video is all I can think about, it so much reminds me of Harlem Nights!!! Anywhos way to go guys!! That long distance hog would be no good to eat because you peppered him with dirt and beat the crap out of him and bruised the meat!:) Nice videos way cool,, looks like you had a hog that liked to go round and round and dance a jig!! Fun times!! Where were the big herds at?? BANG BANG!!!

There was a dancing porker!! And one with head trauma!! Sometimes they take it all. Great video!!

Last edited:
D

djones

i thought i saw herds several times. conditions were actually too good! two mile cows look like one mile hogs! repeated that mistake several times. OinK was very patient with me.

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
So much I want to say.....the stock, the trembling old man voice in the countdowns.

But, DJ narc'ed on me all the way to the top bc of that last thread.....Obama's Commission to Stop Internet Bullying. OCSIB reviewed my posts, garnished my wages, and threatened to take my guns unless I was nice to DJ.

So, all I can say is......nice stock, I really like it. Nice shooting too buddy.

JPK

LSB Active Member
I think your barrel has holes in it too, and some parts of your anatomy.

Nice shooting on the dirt clods, almost as good as mine. But those damn hogs kept getting in the way when you shoot! Not so often when I shoot!

JPK

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So what's up with 1k, is he like the Pinball Wizard. No speak, no pic, just pounds hogs by sense?!