SUS VENATOR CLUB: the hard way in

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Well.... Almost.

I don't know how many of these are duplicates but I counted nine from this cut corn field.

I was driving down the levee to get to this property and just about to be at the access road when two hogs ran up the levee from the corn field and crossed right in front of me. Pull down the ramp into the field and get out and jump up onto the tool box to scan from an elevated position.

I saw what I thought was a lone hog that turned into a deer about 100 yards into my stalk. Walk back to the truck to drive to the other side of the property for a look. But before I get in, I take one more look in that direction and see a line of hogs coming down the levee in to the cornfield.......

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That was awesome!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You need to get up every day and say thank you Lord for large capacity magazines! That was great!!!Good Job!!

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Very nice, I counted 10 at least? Seems ones at end were already shot once.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
NOW THAT WAS FUN! Good job!

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes sir, that has got to be fun. Can't believe you were able to hold the rifle that still. I would have been shaking with all the adrenaline pumping.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yes sir, that has got to be fun. Can't believe you were able to hold the rifle that still. I would have been shaking with all the adrenaline pumping.

Oh I was on overload, but I do have a "pig saddle" attached to the end of my bogpog tripod to help keep things stable.

I've been trying to count them from the video near the beginning where I think they were all present and accounted for in the same frame but don't have a number yet.

edit: slow motion from original clip I was able to count 11.

Last edited:

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That was great! The IR Defense looks very clear.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The only thing I am going to say about that is dam good shootin and a GOOD ON YA!!!!! BANG BANG!!! a whole bunch of times!!!!:)

Post some pictures of those tings!!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
How did you record that? On my phone it looks very good best quality I have ever seen out of the ir hunter. Wondering if they updated something?

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some fine shooting! What was the body count?

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I found three last night and four more just now for a total of seven.

I moved my thermal scope from my 270 AR on to my 308. My plan is to have two same 308's, same barrels, same magazines and hopefully same ammo. One gun thermal scope and one gun night vision scope.

I've been playing with the settings a little bit, but I'm using the DVR that ultimate night vision sells. It's nothing fancy. Know this about last night, the humidity was 37% last night. Obviously makes a big difference. Looking at some other videos when it was dog hot out, the image is not as clear.

That deer was probably only 10-15 yards away from me initially. I think those hogs were probably 40-50 yards away?

Last edited:

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Correction, the buzzards help me find two more for a total of nine they were scattered within a 200 yard or so radius of my shooting position . Just wasn't looking for enough away for them last night.

Put some individual bloated and pictures up later

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
In hindsight I can see now that I should have left my flashlight turned on at my shooting position and taken another flashlight to go look for them, I got totally disoriented and obviously didn't look far enough and feel kind of bad about it now.

Most of them were big sows

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I thought they looked further away than that. Great shooting and the IR Hunter really shined on that one. How is the image when looking through the scope VS recording on high humidity nights? I've noticed it does not do the unit justice when recording. And as TLM said that is the best video I've ever seen from one.