Stoned

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well I got out to the ranch right after sundown last night. Very first thing a sounder of 20 hogs crossed the road right in front of me and were headed to one of the hay fields. The wind was wrong so I went around to the other side of the pasture and entered a gate I have never used. Well I made it about fifty yards and hit a huge chunk of concrete that was covered by the high grass. It was just tall enough to miss my bumper and hit the drag link. It bent it enough that I couldn't turn left. I finally fixed it by using my winch to straiten it out but by that time my hunt was over. Maybe next time :(

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Now your hog are setting traps for you!

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
been there and done that. No more driving in any area that I have not day light reconed !!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Fortunately I creep in low gear so not to much damage it was just the right height and shape to get the job done lol.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hopefully u got it fixed well and it was just a night of hunting lost and doesn't cost your wallet.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hopefully u got it fixed well and it was just a night of hunting lost and doesn't cost your wallet.

It seems to be good did a lot of on and off road driving tonight no issues.

Capt Rick Hiott

The HAM SLAMMA!
If it was mine I would replace it. Front end parts are nothing to play with. It could have a crack in it. Is this the truck you drive on the highway?

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glenn Guess showed me an old, open, stone-lined well, poorly marked with a couple old T-posts that he almost fell into one night while on foot in a field he has hunted many times. There was nothing other than the posts to indicate anything was there, no old house or barn. That sort of thing scares the hell out of me. While I have not driven into chunks of concrete, I have tripped over logs hidden by the grass and stepped into unseen armadillo holes. Unseen obstacles offer unexpected challenges.

Glad no significant damage appears to have been done.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
That stinks. When I was elk hunting last year, I was going though some tall grass and hit a metal tank with a lid on it with my ATV. It was over a foot high. The lid extended over the top of the tank. My atv hit hard, I jumped right up and over part of it. Good thing for full skid plates and 8 ply tires, nothing bent or cut.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
hi ho, hi ho, off to the repair shop I go

don't let this fester and become WAY more expensive

Colby

Central Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's why I haven't been hunting hardly. All the pastures have grass waist high and you can see any hogs if they where there with night vision. Been hitting the fresh cut hayfields a few times but that knocks my hunting area down 6x
Hope the truck is ok

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It seems that it just spun the clap around where it made contact no cracks or anything. I bent it a tad when pulling it out so far no weird sounds and drives fine. This is my hunting truck it does see the highway though. I have replaced this part before its not a big job.

Your right Colby the grass is way to high right now I got to about 15 yards of a sounder last night and still could only see the tops of their backs. Only had time to get one shot killed the last sow.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I would think any bend or out of the norm would cause irregular tire wear if that is of a concern.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I would think any bend or out of the norm would cause irregular tire wear if that is of a concern.

LOL Im sure your right there isnt much thats not bent on my truck Frank.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You are probably right! great truck!