Stamps Arrived and Suppressors Home!

JPK

LSB Active Member
Got the call this am and picked up three suppressors I bought via the Silencer Shop.

Two Omegas and one Spectre II.

My 16" 6.8 upper is getting a new adjustable gas block since it was slightly over gassed to begin with, and I'm waiting for a 1/2"x28 flash hider for my 16" 5.56, but I installed one of the flash hiders I got when I registered the suppressors on SiCo's website on a 10.5" 300BLK upper and it was waiting for an Omega.

Talk about a really handy set up! The rifle ends up the same length as the 16" 5.56 with it's A2 flash hider and the weight of the two is very close with an EO Tech on the 300 and BUIS and a Wilcox Patrol mount (but not the Patrol) on the 5.56. Really, really like the handiness and balance. The Patrol will move to the 300BLK as soon as I receive the new DLOC Patrol mount from Ultimate Night Vision - and I got shipping notice on that today!

The Spectre spent some time on my Sig P226 with the 22lr conversion kit installed. That kit makes the big Sig a large but light weight package. My P226 has a set of Crimson Trace IR laser grips installed, so it is set up for night time use. I use a SERPA holster with it's locking feature so the gun doesn't go missing ducking under fences, etc, when night time predator hunting, a good retention holster is hard to find for a true 22lr host like a P22 or similar, and the IR laser grips aren't offered.

But I have a Gemtech G-22 (an inch shorter and less than half the weight) on the way for the Sig, and the Spectre found its way to a 10/22 set up for short range night hunting with an EO Tech, IR light and PVS 14. The 10/22 has the 16." threaded barrel and felt muzzle light without the Spectre, it feels perfect now, with Spectre installed.

I also have an YHM ULC on the way for my 11.5" 6.8 upper. January some time, IIRC.

I have to build a duck blind this weekend for one of my clubs, but should get some shooting with the suppressors in.

JPK

JPK

LSB Active Member
Here's a photo of my night armory as of 12-17-15. One Omega is mounted on my 10.5" 300BLK, and one is mounted - for display only - on my 11.5" 6.8. Display only because the Omega is not rated for use on 6.8 on barrels less than 16", but my 16" 6.8 is awaiting an adjustable gas block, and I'm waiting for the stamp for my YHM ULT, which is rated for the 11.5" 6.8.

The Omega sitting on the 6.8 in the photo will move to the 5.56 with the EO Tech, which can accept the PVS 14 sitting on the 10/22.

Both the 10/22 and the 5.56 AR have IR lights mounted for use with PVS 14's mounted behind the EO Techs.

The Sig P226 has the 22lr conversion installed, and will share the Spectre II until my Gemtech G-22 stamp arrives. The P226 is equipped with Crimson Trace IR laser grips, for use with a PVS 14. With the 22lr conversion kit installed, and the IR laser grips, the Sig becomes a large but light night weapon, and it fit into a retention level 2 or 3 tactical holster, so it won't go missing climbing over or under fences, etc. I am using a SERPA holster for it.

I figured out how to helmet mount a Pulsar HD 19A, and it is mounted on the helmet in the photo.

JPK