sometimes i make poor decisions

D

djones

hunting on a workday may not be the smartest move, but when team OinK posts this late you know its going to be good.

D

djones

... I would think DJ would shoot even worse with a 308 than a 6.8
ok mr T, you're about to see just what the deejay can do with a 308. then it will be your turn. (more later...)

IMG_1528_zpsbzhvkd5p.jpg

D

djones

we positioned ourselves to intercept this traveling herd. we just got into position and they must have noticed a reflection off the truck behind us. they didn't like it and turned around. now shooting would have to very selective with the house and barn in the way. also note this is a classic example of how things aren't always what they seem. on the surface, it would appear only one of these hogs has a 308 hole

IMG_1533_zps0pxsgphu.jpg

D

djones

got on a real good herd here and closed in tight. executed our first shots in perfect time but doesn't look like my hog went down. of course at the time i just assumed it was OinK's hog that didn't go down. grrrrrr!!!!

somewhere in the mix OinK's gun went tits up but i was in the zone. i think we were actually too close because i had to reposition a couple times to stay on them. my scope went out of focus again after the first shot. if i was armasight and saw this i'd be so embarrassed i'd send me a new scope! made some good shots anyway but unbelievably only found ONE hog from this field. grass was just too tall. we did manage to race to the adjacent field and OinK got a little payback on a runner.

we drug his hog back to the grassy field and out of nowhere a new hog had shown up. OinK was the designated hitter on this one and shut him out quick.

IMG_1536_zpslwehwo9b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
it is called a "sounder" not a herd...sorta like a magazine and not a clip

D

djones

i've never liked the sound of sounder. makes no sense to me to make up a new word for a herd just because they're hogs. besides, when you're dj, you can call them whatever you want. but thanks anyway. perhaps you could give me a lesson now on how to kill hogs now?

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'd say stick with the .308 over the 6. Your shooting seems better, and you can definitely tell when the you make a hit. Can't say the same for the hogs in the video's with the 6.

D

djones

All depends on where you're from! Lol
OMG!!! bubbs actaully stuck up for me!!

I'd say stick with the .308 over the 6. Your shooting seems better, and you can definitely tell when the you make a hit. Can't say the same for the hogs in the video's with the 6.
are you saying something nice to me?

i can't tell if this is a a trap or not. if y'all are sincere, i won't go so far as to say i like y'all, but i will say i dislike y'all less.

bubbs, if OinK doesn't step up his game, would you consider trading BR and gus for OinK and 5 'likes' on your next posts?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
All depends on where you're from! Lol
NO it does not, the proper term for each is the proper term...you can be wrong all the time and call it what you wish....

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was more making an excuse for myself DJ, but I was including you and any other misguided soul such as ourselves who don't have enough sense to talk right! lol I couldn't trade BR or Gus for anything, but KillK is always welcome! However, Cletus...

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
DJ, enough already with the pink tape on your scope and the shoving the LGBT community stuff down our throats. We get it!!!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i've never liked the sound of sounder. makes no sense to me to make up a new word for a herd just because they're hogs. besides, when you're dj, you can call them whatever you want, but just can't hit them.
Fixed it for you

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Mama tried, but I still prefer to go with what sounds right
Now, that's startin' to sound like a Dimocratic Platform excuse.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good set of videos and some good hogs down ... till next time!