Someone stop me quick!!!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Texasguntrader has a guy selling his digisight n750 for $600. Said it works perfectly and he used it about 5 times. Goin to meet him at bass pro shops now. It will have batteries in it so I can function test it.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nope, yer on yer own there Kemosabe.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You can spot and stalk with your pvs-14 and record your shots with the scope. Don't expect to much on cloudy or below half moon nights though.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good deal, if it has not been abused...good backup or guest scope if you get better later on.

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Brian that's what I was thinking but it works great and I actually might go hunting with the guy. He's got 2000 acres of rice fields about 45 mins from me. My neighbor (an old army guy) threw in $1200 to help fund my thermal monocular, so he told me to give it to him and call it even on the thermal, but I can borrow it whenever I want. And he can borrow my thermal still. He's got a few friends with properties and we're supposed to go hunting this wed but with his family and life, seems like something always comes up.

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lawman I already have a digisight n750 of my own to go with the pvs, but with the addition of this one we have a 3 man shooting team to hopefully help persuade land owners to allow us on their property and hunt with us.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great! There are the occasional steals to be had, but they often seem few and far between. By chance, did you get the paperwork with it, especially the warranty card to send in? If so, they you are in that much better shape as Sellmark will warranty them for 3 years.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lawman I already have a digisight n750 of my own to go with the pvs, but with the addition of this one we have a 3 man shooting team to hopefully help persuade land owners to allow us on their property and hunt with us.

You know one shooter is usually more productive right? The extras make it more difficult in my opinion. But isn't near as fun and comical lol.

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice, But unfortunately I don't have permission to hunt a bazillion local acres alone.
Wait a second, if that's the case who takes all those pics for u

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
^^ wrote that earlier reply in a bit of a rush. Didn't mean to sound like an asshole... Interesting that u say one shooter is more productive. I guess I just figured that if u come up on a sounder and have 3 shooters u can usually drop the first 3 and then maybe a few more as they scatter. Would u still draw that conclusion if u (and other shooters) didn't have suppressors? Also, I'd love to have the opportunity to hunt open pastures with multiple hogs alone... Just haven't built up the reputation and earned that trust with local land owners... YET.
And Brian, I didn't get the warranty card/receipt, but I got a solid gut instinct that he was legit. He brought his Flir thermal scope for me to check out and his stories sounded legit. He drove a nice car and didn't seem nervous at all. I even asked him if the scope was gonna fail when I took the first shot and his reaction seemed very honest and natural like he had nothing to hide. Also, I think he's more of a coyote hunter than a hog hunter......
"Good cuz I'll take anything!"

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
wrote that earlier reply in a bit of a rush. Didn't mean to sound like an asshole...

No you brought up a valid point. When you are the guest being invited along to go hunting on somebody else's land, making that argument can be counterproductive for the guest. ;)

As for the picture issue, when the hike back isn't too far, I retrieve a mini tripod and Angry Bird, then use the time delay shutter on the camera.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice, But unfortunately I don't have permission to hunt a bazillion local acres alone.
Wait a second, if that's the case who takes all those pics for u

Lol no offense taken. I take all the pics and videos myself unless I'm hunting with Alex or Eric. You should see me freaking tripods, shooting sticks, cameras, more cameras, batteries I probably have 100 pounds of gear ha. I need to take a pic of me carrying everything.

I see your argument for three shooters and for some I'm sure it's better. But for me alone I can kill way more, no worries about swinging to far, no worries about them blasting me, no countdown so I pick the exact time I want to shoot. Also when I'm the only one shooting I can make them run the way I want them to more times than not.

But it's nice hunting with others gives you someone to BS with makes the slow times way better.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
But it's nice hunting with others gives you someone to BS with makes the slow times way better.

Alex might not agree with you on this one after hunting with us. He and Dave took a lot of grief from the "back seat drivers". :) The bad part is we were paying "customers", so he had to take it and play nice.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That was great.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
there are deals to be had, so I would have went for it also, as for shooting in no moon nights, well I have to use an IR Illuminator with the PVS with magnifier on it also, so no different there

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
stop

don't

what else again?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
there are deals to be had, so I would have went for it also, as for shooting in no moon nights, well I have to use an IR Illuminator with the PVS with magnifier on it also, so no different there
I have not looked through a 750 at night but there was a huge difference between the pvs and n 550 in low light situations.

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The n750 suffers if u have to look through trees bc the IR light bounces off of it and almost completely washes out the image behind it. Mainly if the trees are close and the objects u are trying to view are farther back. Otherwise it does pretty dang well at normal spot and stalk shooting distances. That's not my video and the guy apparently is using a better Ir light

Last edited: