Some of the hunting video from this weekend.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Some of the best video this weekend was lost
a09.gif
the SD card popped out. This is one group we killed 7 out of 8 I started laughing because they were all trying to get to a trail in the brush instead of just taking the shortest path. It ended up costing the and four of them get hit right at the covers edge. This field we are hunting is 2000 yards long and 1000 yards wide of flat earth with no cover so I tend to take longer shots than normal. This particular group in the video is 120 yards from us. The other hunter was using a suppressed 300 blackout with factory barnes 110gr black tips. After watching the 6.8 knock hog after hog over and watching his run off he is switching calibers.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That was some fast action, Liking the LWRC Six8, some really nice hogs.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
lead or lag? Seems like a lot of thermal shots are way in front of the hogs on the videos. Most everyone is spot on then when the running starts the leads open up a lot.

I have heard about lag time but do not have any experience with it.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
lead or lag? Seems like a lot of thermal shots are way in front of the hogs on the videos. Most everyone is spot on then when the running starts the leads open up a lot.

These hogs were 120 yards at the start so more lead than normal.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nothing better than actual hits and hogs down with a Six8 to show it's true potential. I though the 6.8 SPC was a dying caliber? Looks like it takes more than a cool name to be a true hog slayer.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM

There is s good Yager video on YouTube that goes over leads, angles, distance, etc

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There is s good Yager video on YouTube that goes over leads, angles, distance, etc

Yes they do I am going to make a lead video also by clipping some of these gun cam kills together.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah I knew who they are, they tried to start a unit here in FL and we have kept them tamped down some. Their trapping destroys our hunting and they have been on some public land instead of allowing hunting they send in the trappers. Locally we try not to advertise or share anything about them.

Navygator

LSB Active Member
I would have never thought they could trap enough to impact hunting. Lots of trappers around our property in OK and it doesn't seem to put a dent in the hog population. Of course, jäger may be a little more sophisticated with their trapping.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They are, corral traps with feeder in the middle, remote gates all tied to cell camera service, they can drop the door at any time

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I would have never thought they could trap enough to impact hunting. Lots of trappers around our property in OK and it doesn't seem to put a dent in the hog population. Of course, jäger may be a little more sophisticated with their trapping.

It takes trapping and shooting to get the job done. If you hunt a particular place hard enough you can drive them off but you will never trap them off in my opinion they will stop going in the traps.

Now lets put this thread back on topic lol!

Navygator

LSB Active Member
It takes trapping and shooting to get the job done. If you hunt a particular place hard enough you can drive them off but you will never trap them off in my opinion they will stop going in the traps.

Now lets put this thread back on topic lol!
Roger that. Back on Topic, excellent video once again. Intro is great.