Slow Start for 2018

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
3rd time out this year, but first time out with Dave and his buddy, Eric, and our first time on hogs this year.

We started off with a coyote that Eric managed to drop from a seated position shot (no sticks) and multiple hits and then we got on a group of hogs. We all scored with our initial shots and all three hogs went down, two drt and one that ran about 30 yards. We saw hogs two other times, way off in the distance, but never made it to them before they disappeared. :-(

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's time for the killing to begin!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hogs down! Good start to the year.

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
This might seem like a slow start for you, but another way to think about it would be that you've gone out three times now, and you & your companions have added three hogs to the 2018 kill count.
Not to be (too) guilty of schadenfreude, but it's good to know that you sometimes get skunked just like the rest of us. One of the first rules of hog hunting is "The hogs have to show up"!
Keep After 'Em!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This might seem like a slow start for you, but another way to think about it would be that you've gone out three times now, and you & your companions have added three hogs to the 2018 kill count.
Not to be (too) guilty of schadenfreude, but it's good to know that you sometimes get skunked just like the rest of us. One of the first rules of hog hunting is "The hogs have to show up"!
Keep After 'Em!

LOL, I get skunked plenty. Y'all pretty much only hear about things when they go good or are at least unique or interesting in some way. It gives the wrong impression of success, but nobody likes to what the videos or hear the stories like my Wednesday night hunt where nothing worth noting happened.

As I now work with more of my 'own' properties, I get skunked less often for a given night, but do get skunked on most of the properties I hunt on a given night. Dave, on the other hand, has more larger properties and more "driving properties" that we can survey from the vehicle as we go through instead of having to do it on foot as I usually do on my places.

jglass

LSB Member
My hog hot spot has gone cold. Not sure if it is the cold weather or if I'm being avoided by them. First time in weeks the hogs failed to eat all the bait in 24 hours, now 48 hours, no hogs on the camera either, another first. I had quite a hog shootout on New Years Eve. I fired 5 rounds, could be that scared them off. It is okay, now I have a chance to scout some new territory. The hogs will return, been through this before.

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
It's been extremely slow on all the places I have access to. At the end of November the pigs just disappeared. I think we killed a couple at the end of December and one in January. We're still hunting 2-3 times a week too.

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice hunt! Did you perform a Hogcropsy?