Shooting Hogs Through An Open Gate

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That kind of reminds me of that property where my only chance to shoot is under a corn feeder on a tiny food plot. If I got more than one shot off I was doing very good because they got out of my view so quickly.

Nice work!!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Surprised the 2nd shot didn't drop #2

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Surprised the 2nd shot didn't drop #2

I did not hear the impact and did not see the hog react to being hit. I passed through the gate and followed the running hogs for about 100 yards hoping to pick up a straggler, but had no luck. So I passed by the downed hog on the way out without looking for it. On the way back, it would have been in with the cattle and I may have seen it and assumed it was a bedded calf. I really wasn't looking too hard for it as I had thought I missed. It wasn't until after reviewing the video that it became apparent that I had hit the hog.

Like I like to say, if you don't do significant CNS damage, they are apt to run. Fortunately, this one didn't get too far and the buzzards led me to it.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Is that hole in the neck the entry wound?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
AB Jr. should've had yer back and stepped up to do the necropsy on hog #2. That boy ain't pullin' his weight. Your lead looked good, I'm surprised that hog didn't flinch on impact. Nice killin' !!

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good video!
Okay Porky, lie down. Now, roll over. Good hog.

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way to roll ‘em!

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Demise by this technique would seem to be the existential equivalent of birth via Caesarean section...

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hard hit on the gate sow...straight legged flop/roll ! Congrats.

Whosure

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Porky popping is the life for Brian. Pigs running around far and wide. Brian's a popping porkies left and right. Hey porky eat this 6.5 grendel (sung to the Green Acres theme song)