Second rifle mounted thermal

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I wonder why it is the 336 devices all seem to have twice the magnification as the "equivalent" entries on the 640 side (of the Zeus Pro Line) ??

Part of the reason they go with the higher magnification in the lower resolution units is to make them more usable. However, I completely agree with what I think is the spirit of your query. Wouldn't it be great to see some more powerful (higher magnification) 640 resolution scopes?

So what you are sort of left with is that buying the 640 resolution scopes gives you the option of the higher resolution, native magnification, wider FOV.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Do you have a PRO ? Do you know anything about the "new" reticles?

24.jpg

Particularly the "MIL-BOX" and the "MOA". Those almost look like real reticles, though I note the screen is on 4x. Which for a 336 unit would be pretty awful - at least it was on my Apollo 42mm, 336.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Aye, asked him already, he must still be chasing bad guys or else changing diapers ;)

==
Right now though my "best bang for the buck scope is the Pulsar Apex 50mm, 2x, 384(50) ... which has the second best thermal image I've seen so far (detail, not detection, for detection that would be the Zeus 75mm, 3x, 640(30)).
For hogs though the 2x might be too much, then the Pulsar Apex 38mm, 1.5x 384(50) would be a good choice.
But if Taco wants to stick with Armasight, he might be able to get into the low end of the Zeus Pro for not much more than a low end standard Zeus.

Last edited: