Running a Suppressor Wet?

JPK

LSB Active Member
I am looking at getting a suppressor and have heard about running one wet. What are pros and cons and what is wet?

Thanks,

JPK

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Some can be run wet with things like wire pulling gel or even water. The positive is a little better sound suppression. The negative is its messy. With a wet can you don't only get hot dirty gas back in the action, magazine, on your face, etc you also get whatever liquid you put in the can.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I tried it and got covered in the mess that comes out so do not wear your favorite shirt!

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
with the quality of the cans out there now there is very little advantage to running one wet, and a messy disadvantage ( might not be a word).

I believe that a Silencer Co rep reads this site and may be able to go into more detail.

Jeremy M.

Administrator
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Couple of quick points. If you are going to run it wet then only do it for rimfire and pistol silencers. If you run a centerfire rifle silencer wet then it will not end well.
Most people use a little water in the silencer and hear the sound difference and see the mess that it makes and never do it again. But everyone should try it at least once.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Couple of quick points. If you are going to run it wet then only do it for rimfire and pistol silencers. If you run a centerfire rifle silencer wet then it will not end well.
Most people use a little water in the silencer and hear the sound difference and see the mess that it makes and never do it again. But everyone should try it at least once.

I tired it with water and my 1911 wearing a nice 500x straw hat and white shirt. Now I have a nice match set spotted hat and shirt!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
^^^ can we see that video?

Rotor-Joe

LSB Member
I like to cut out the middle man and just pour the wire pulling grease/ dirty water directly in my mouth.