Pulsar XP50 black circle in screen?

Discussion in 'Night Vision/Thermal' started by brent smith, Sep 10, 2020.

1. brent smith

brent smith New Member

Has anyone come across this before?

I took off my Zero Delta QD to replace a screw and when I powered on the XP50 there is a solid black circle on the screen that covers part of the crosshair. It has been a month or so since I have used the thermal, but this circle was definitely not there before. Its quite large. I cleaned the lenses just to be sure, but its still there. Its quite large. Perfectly round black on the screen that covers a portion of the crosshair. I take a picture of the screen with the capture button on top of the device thinking I will need to email it to pulsar, but the captured image does not have the black circle on it. I didnt try using a video but assume it will be the same result. I guess I could take a picture with my phone through the eyepiece. Have yall ever heard of this?

2. brent smith

brent smith New Member

I tried to upload a picture of the screen that I took with my iphone, but for some reason it wont "upload the file". How do you include pictures in posts here?

3. Rookie

Rookie LSB Member

Postimages.org
    Choose file
    Hotlink for forums
    Paste

brent smith likes this.
  4. brent smith

brent smith New Member

5. brent smith

brent smith New Member

Sending it in the pulsar this week. They said it’s a defect in the display. That “possibly” could be caused to exposure to sunlight. I highly doubt it occurred bc of sunlight. Never take it out during the day.