Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Ladies and Gents,

This will be a continual thread of me producing videos showcasing the Pulsar N960 LRF. The first videos will be a basic run down of the menus and the available options. I will do my best to answer any questions you have.

If you would like to see the scope in any specific situation please describe it and I will do my best to accommodate, within reason. No, I'm not going to use it while skydiving and trying to shoot gnats off a rhino's butt.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks pretty good there Pathfinder!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thanks Jake.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Aw man! Those were the only two things I was wanting to see you demonstrate.

Nice video Alex. Was that an MDVR from a video out from the scope and is the video out the same as what the user sees in the scope.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That was recorded with an MDVR using the video out from the scope. The picture in the scope is a little better. In the video everything is a little more blurry then in the scope.

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB

Yep,

I'm not a fan of jumping out of a perfectly good airplane and there aren't many wild rhinos in Texas.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
All,

This is the next video in the series. I'm in the same place as the first video, but the environment has changed. The moon is not up and there was cloud cover. I changed a few of the settings as I described menu 1 in the video. The picture in the video is not as good as the picture in the scope.

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions. There will be more videos as I continue the series.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great demo Alex

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Alex, any idea what the "average effective range" of the LRF is?

Like my bushy 1600 LRF is stated to be "1600" or "1 mile" ... and I have successfully ranged a tree at 1828yds exactly one time in the day time. At night, when I use it the most, the primary limitation is my ability to see the red dots of the LRF pulses. I can almost always see the red dots at 300yds, where I barely need to. With the 3x pvs-14 magnifier I can usually see the red dots out to 500yds and sometimes out to 800yds, but that is the practical limit at night.

Of course an integrated LRF would be faster and that could matter in some situations.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
This is something I'm still testing. I haven't had a live target over 200 yards away to try to range. An item on the list is to range some 150 pound size hog shapes at a variety of distances with the N960 and my Nikon range finder. My Nikon is only rated to 550 yards, so my control group will be small. It's in work and good question. More to come.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Here is a video of menu 3 and the options it has.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Sorry I got out of order. Here is menu 2

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
why are they all so dark, I can't see much at all??

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Is the view of the background dark to you or are the menu icons? The menu icons will not show up very well when I record with the MDVR. Something between it and the scope degrades the clarity. The icons are much easier to see in the scope.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah I don't care abut the icons but the picture would come in and out, no way to see, was wondering how it was to be used like that? OR it was my computer?

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I think it's your computer. It shows up fine on my 2 computers and my phone. Anyone else having trouble?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
now I can see the last one clearly in the daytime, is that a digital scope?