SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome job Chopper!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok, still struggling with computer and internet troubles but here goes again. Day two we had a new hunter with us who had never gotten the chance to kill a hog. He had been hunting before, but never at night and never in a place that had hogs. We put him on a stand that had pigs coming in regularly before dark and sure enough, we get a text from him about 2 hours before dark saying he had a pig down. He wanted to try the meat because people had been telling him that it wasn't fit to eat so we went and retrieved his hog and cut out the back straps before they could spoil. (It was HOT!) The video opens with his "trophy" and a smile that we couldn't wipe off his face. Later that night we spotted a lone boar out in the middle of a huge wheat field and set out to stalk him. Had to cover about 300 yards of open field with a full moon and decided to take the boar from about 125 yds for fear of spooking him. The new hunter just observed with a spotter and didn't try to shoot. Dave and I doubled on the boar with both our rounds impacting within 1 1/2 inch of each other. The last sequence was with all three of us trying to shoot, but we were trying to get the new hunter to take the first shot with the rest of us following up. As you can see from the video it is very difficult getting new people synchronized but it is still fun introducing new people to our addiction.
Lookatchu! Got the recorder working like a charm. Dave hook you up with cables?

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Lookatchu! Got the recorder working like a charm. Dave hook you up with cables?
No, he wasn't able to help with that, but between the two of us, we finally got it working. He did give me another recorder that he wasn't using so I have a back-up.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Third and final day of my foray into DJ territory and the curse of crappy shooting finally took hold of me. I think it has something to do with the magnetic fields surrounding DJ's home ground. It also didn't help that we had another new shooter we were trying to get some trigger time on the hogs. Keith, another member on the lease brought one of his helpers and friend to try to get him a hog. He is supposed to be good from a bench at the range, but doesn't have experience in the field. We only got on one group of hogs, but we did our best to let all of them get away. When the smoke cleared, we didn't find any of them. I went back and found the one that I shot at the last of the video. I also had some footage of a coyote that I had the cross hairs on several times, but we couldn't get Sanchez to take a shot. After it was all over, we discovered that the thermal he was using didn't have the diopter focused for his eyes and he couldn't see anything. Oh well, we'll get them next time.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Third and final day of my foray into DJ territory and the curse of crappy shooting finally took hold of me. I think it has something to do with the magnetic fields surrounding DJ's home ground. It also didn't help that we had another new shooter we were trying to get some trigger time on the hogs. Keith, another member on the lease brought one of his helpers and friend to try to get him a hog. He is supposed to be good from a bench at the range, but doesn't have experience in the field. We only got on one group of hogs, but we did our best to let all of them get away. When the smoke cleared, we didn't find any of them. I went back and found the one that I shot at the last of the video. I also had some footage of a coyote that I had the cross hairs on several times, but we couldn't get Sanchez to take a shot. After it was all over, we discovered that the thermal he was using didn't have the diopter focused for his eyes and he couldn't see anything. Oh well, we'll get them next time.
A little target ADHD there?

D

djones

lawfrog,
looks like team BoinK has completed a full paradigm shift with its new vp in chrg of excuses. sheesh, and i thought i was good. but fair is fair. besides, how cud i compete with thoz video skilz. only thing left is for u to upgrade his banners.