Pig Poaching

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Got an invitation last week from one of our former members (DaveABQ) to go hunting in team Oink's back yard. I couldn't pass the chance to poach some of DJ's pigs out from under his nose. Actually, I combined the trip with a job interview. I had the chance to interview with the President and CEO of team Oink as a possible replacement for one of his team members that he said wasn't carrying his weight lately. I don't know who he was talking about, but he mentioned that he uses up too much ammo practicing on dirt clods. Dave and I had texted each other for a long time and talked on the phone, but I had never met him. Prior to hunting, we were FINALLY able to get my video operating, so I had high hopes for the evening's hunt. We started out targeting a large boar that had been terrorizing one of his feeders, but as most old boars do, he changed his pattern just when we thought we had him figured out. Storms started rolling in, so we decided to sit them out at the camp. Around 2 am Dave spotted some hogs in the wheat field in front of the camp and the game was on. When we got close to the hogs we realized it was going to be really difficult to get shots off without being busted or endangering the cattle. The video doesn't show it very well, but there are close to 100 hogs in this field in three groups and most are mixed among or behind the cattle. While we are trying to evaluate our plan, the hogs decided for us how we would proceed . The video picks up when the hogs apparently winded us, but didn't know where we were. The second half of the video was another sounder we got into at the far end of the wheat field. There wasn't much room to shoot and the pigs made it to safety pretty quickly. I'm having all kinds of trouble with my computers and wifi so the rest of the videos and story will have to wait.

By the way, I was offered the job as the new senior vice president of team Oink for marksmanship and ammo conservation.

Last edited:

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glad to see you out there putting a whoopin' on them Chopper!!!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A couple dandys, you all had a mess of pork out there and a Curly Shuffle to boot!! BANG BANG!! Say hello to Dave. You all take care. Ken

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice work there you two !!! Team Oink could do much worse with a choice of new blood!! I'm jealous !

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shooting Chopper!

D

djones

job innerview?
possibul replacemint?
scratchy company?
band memmers?

the reapir is off for updates and pixel repair, so i took a few days off and the team falls apart. nice. OinK i cant believe u resorted to slumming with riffraff. i bet fuzz is shaking his head.

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
what thermal were you recording with. Very grainy video. weather conditions !!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
No, it's a IRD MkII. They only have a 720p output and I have a cheap Angel Eyes recorder which doesn't help. I'm only trying to document my hunt and not b an internet sensation.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No, it's a IRD MkII. They only have a 720p output and I have a cheap Angel Eyes recorder which doesn't help. I'm only trying to document my hunt and not b an internet sensation.
You are already an internet sensation Chopper!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Ok, still struggling with computer and internet troubles but here goes again. Day two we had a new hunter with us who had never gotten the chance to kill a hog. He had been hunting before, but never at night and never in a place that had hogs. We put him on a stand that had pigs coming in regularly before dark and sure enough, we get a text from him about 2 hours before dark saying he had a pig down. He wanted to try the meat because people had been telling him that it wasn't fit to eat so we went and retrieved his hog and cut out the back straps before they could spoil. (It was HOT!) The video opens with his "trophy" and a smile that we couldn't wipe off his face. Later that night we spotted a lone boar out in the middle of a huge wheat field and set out to stalk him. Had to cover about 300 yards of open field with a full moon and decided to take the boar from about 125 yds for fear of spooking him. The new hunter just observed with a spotter and didn't try to shoot. Dave and I doubled on the boar with both our rounds impacting within 1 1/2 inch of each other. The last sequence was with all three of us trying to shoot, but we were trying to get the new hunter to take the first shot with the rest of us following up. As you can see from the video it is very difficult getting new people synchronized but it is still fun introducing new people to our addiction.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Chopper the Internet Sensation...you rocked it! Good job!!