One more boar

Colby

Central Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
After shooting a big boar hog in this hay meadow the other week I thought problems would be solved. Well I cut it last week and discovered problems weren't solved. Finally got time to go out and address it tonight. There he was. Nothing but ass in the air. Walked right up to 50 yards of him and I was like boy this hog is awful small to be digging holes like this. (1-2' deep) I set there and watched him for a minute (wouldn't give me a shot anyways) and discovered it was indeed the hog I was after, he was throwing dirt 5' up in the air. Well he still wouldn't give me a shot and a plane was going over me so I thought shoot lets see how close I can get. Got to with 30 yards I'd say and finally gave me a shot. Squeezed the trigger and the cussing began. I knew i only had 3 bullets so I just let him have it and I kept cussing. Went back to the truck and found him 30' from the woodline. He made it probably 150 yards. Little booger was tough for his size.
Needless to say, I'm glad I shot up all the accubonds and I will never buy them again for hog hunting.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Colby, you need me to send you some ammo?? 3 bullets! Good hog, Congrats man!

Colby

Central Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I finally broke down and ordered some frank!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What are you shooting now??

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So you are back to the 6.8? Good for you, that is an excellent hog rd. I am not a reloader but save all my brass and really reduces my ammo cost, worth .35-40 a case.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Which Accubond were you shooting? I've had great luck with the 110 so far.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So you are back to the 6.8? Good for you, that is an excellent hog rd. I am not a reloader but save all my brass and really reduces my ammo cost, worth .35-40 a case.
bring 'em with you to the meet&greet

I will buy them from you

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
BRD, everyone wants them! I need to get to the range to even have any. Hunting I lose most of it.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
what kind of steak do you like?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I need a brass catcher, they are just in the way or ugly...lol

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So, how big a steak do you like?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL, bribery could get you brass, I have 20 now, not sure what I will have in Oct, sold 200 locally, I am not a range hound so don't get your hopes up yet.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
accomplish your mission. 200 is a start

I will make sure you get a proper meal and the cash

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
<<<<<<<<<< could this face lie?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Probably 50 on the ground at my lease will take the metal detector out and see if I can find them

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Red Dog,

You may get more brass if you bribe him with a steak inside of a new brass catcher. LOL. That way he gets his steak and he can quit losing that expensive brass.