OKAY .... OKAY ... I'll give it a try, 6.8 on the way

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice set-up looks like it will do the job and a nice picture of the kiddo!! BANG BANG!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice, that concrete bench is solid! No roof or shade?

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice, that concrete bench is solid! No roof or shade?
It's under a tree and in that valley... Leaves jus comin in. Built it last summer. Friend is a lefty and it works perfect. Can both shoot 308 at same time and no wiggle in the platform.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Make it great to sight in and work up loads, 100yds?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice, I would love to have that available

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
image.jpg
Can barely see the bench at top right of pic.... Many hogs have died on that hill to the left side. Was standing by that feeder one night by myself... Jus walked over a mile in the dark. Kept hearing a noise from above me... Figured it was deer. After finishing a smoke I turned on the thermal and a hog was 30 yds away on the hillside.... He rolled all the way to the road by the feeder when I shot him.... Good times

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sweet setup there.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great Place ! And that is a manly shooting bench, adding a rock to the top of the concrete seat to raise the height, even more manly!!!

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is a nice setup dax. I am about to build a range on our ranch - will be able to go to 500 yds. Was looking at the pre-cast concrete shooting benches that can be bought online, but your setup looks maybe even more sturdy and probably a lot cheaper. 'Specially since I got a concrete mixer and cheap teenage boy labor....they will work for Whataburgers.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
made the base out of natural rock....then made two molds for the bases that cinderblocks sit on and poured them. stacked blocks and put in rebar, filled with concrete. Made a form for table and cut out spaces for tops of cinder blocks and got it level then put in rebar for table top and poured it....lot of work, but worth it..