$#!+:-( NO VIDEO! What happens, why, when, where...

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah if you can get one to work that is the way to go for sure, the recorder has not been an issue as I understand it...I believe they are incorporating in their thermals too? There has to be a better way than hanging a non rated and not weatherproof cheap chinese junk off the side of your rifle!

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
I have multiple DVR's. I only had one fail so far, one of my MDVR's. Others have held up. Never had a cable failure, but I'm building then differently now, pretty much indestructible.

I've been using my Lawmate PV500EVO2 lately, because I have their extended battery and it lasts forever. But it doesn't have a built in mic, so I integrated one in the cable. They have a good remote also that I'm using.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Gun jams, equipment battery dying or going out suddenly. It's frustrating at times but rewarding when everything comes together and have hogs down!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Took a week vacation and have been at the ranch since Monday. First time hunting with the new thermal (IR Hunter MKII). about the only thing I don't like on this scope is that it has to be set at 60hz to record and every time you power up the scope, you have to go to the menu settings and turn the video to "on" (it goes back to off every time u power the scope off/on). I will chalk the first two lost videos (a nice whitetail buck walking/grazing and a nice axis buck walking/grazing) to my first time using the IR Hunter MKII. While trouble shooting this in the dark, I had pulled the MDVR off the gun to check and make sure the SD card was in and the DVR was set to "record" so it would start recording when powering it up. Well when I took the MDVR out to check everything the cord got hung on a part of the scope giving me about an inch less slack, so when I went to plug it in, it would only reach the video out hole on the side of the MDVR, not around to the front and I thought to myself that I think I recalled it plugging into the front of the DVR not the side but oh well it must be that hole bc it doesn't reach around to the front side and I couldnt read the "video out" in the dark. I'll take 51% of the blame for that which caused me to lose the 3rd video (the first hog down.. More on the hog hunt later when I get back) bc it was dark and I had the video cord wrapped around the scope so there wouldn't be a bunch of loose video wire getting hung up on anything and ripped out ("and isn't it ironic? Don't ya think?")
Then, the second night I missed a video of a solid 185 lb boar taking 3 shots to keep down bc I had slung the gun across my back to climb down from a 30-35 ft deer stand (more like small house 35 feet up) and Hhe video cord came about 3-4 of the way out while slung across my back climbing down.