SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good comparison video ... Thermal owns the night

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's a good comparo, thanks for that one TLM.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Popcorn on the stove?? WTH is that,, see/hunt in the dark?? Nonsense!!! BANG BANG!!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ya'll need to go back to the flashlight days. All this technolalaoogy is getting out of hand. ;)

I remember those days! My friend and I would drive around the ranch and shine a red light at different feeders hoping to see hogs. Our success rate was low but we still had fun.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ya'll need to go back to the flashlight days. All this technolalaoogy is getting out of hand. ;)

Back in those days I slept at night and hunted all day. Just do not feel comfortable shooting where I can not see.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
NV in fog looks like a good way to accidentally purchase a cow.
When hunting at night with NV or Thermal you can accidentally purchase a cow. That's why it's good to know your gear and the animals you're hunting. :)

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
When hunting at night with NV or Thermal you can accidentally purchase a cow. That's why it's good to know your gear and the animals you're hunting. :)

Yes very true. My friend who I've hunted with for almost 10 years, he still panics everytime he sees hogs. He starts staying stuff like "Hurry!! They are getting away!!" and I look through the thermal and a few hogs left the area but a majority of the sounder is still rooting around. It gets me riled up since I'm in a rush to get all the gear ready. Then he'll look through his thermal and see random stuff like bedded down deer and yell to me "HOGS!! They are on the move, let's go!!" then we'll stalk and I take a look and it's bedded down deer or some calfs.

Sometimes I think that's why TLM and few other hunters hunt alone ... rofl!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I hunted this weekend in the dark with a new 500 lumen flashlight. Saturday morning I shined skunks and deer at 100-300 yds and they moved off with the white light. I rednecked it and colored the lens with a green sharpie (like I always do) went back Sunday morning and I could see deer clear as day through my day scope at 200-300 yds away.With the green light they didn't really care, but that is like night vision for $25 redneck style.

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It amazes me how a group of little hogs will try to run off a cow 10x their size and weight.

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
I have had the opposite occur. No fog seen thru pvs14 but ground and horizon not visible with armasight 75mm thermal scope. Clear as day with pvs14, I think it has to do with water vapor droplet size. But having nv and thermal use the device that works best at the time. When the temp dropped the thermal fog cleared, but fog was never visible with pvs14 even with ir light.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have had the opposite occur. No fog seen thru pvs14 but ground and horizon not visible with armasight 75mm thermal scope. Clear as day with pvs14, I think it has to do with water vapor droplet size. But having nv and thermal use the device that works best at the time. When the temp dropped the thermal fog cleared, but fog was never visible with pvs14 even with ir light.

I've had that happen to me twice think it's directly related to humidity and dew point.