NFA status

Discussion in 'SUPPRESSORS sponsored by SILENCER SHOP' started by Rappland, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Rappland

Rappland LSB Member

I called these guys to check status of my can and was told, "pending". As you can imagine, it was not the most friendly conversation I've had. Regardless, have any of you guys received a different response, were you given any kind of useful information? Kinda feels like a waste of time calling to find out what I already knew.

2. RattlesnakeDan

RattlesnakeDan San Antonio Texas LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Response to your question is pending. Check back here later.

chthump likes this.
  3. Rappland

Rappland LSB Member

no shoot, thanks for your time

why bother having the department that answers phones and says:
    1. what serial number?
    2. name on application?
    3. pending (at which time you'll ask, "any chance of a timeline"?
    4. no

I guess we've been paying too much taxes and they need to spend that extra money on useless salaries.

4. Wildfowler

Wildfowler Mis'sippi SUS VENATOR CLUB

We don't need any less of them working there until the hearing protection act gets adopted

5. Rappland

Rappland LSB Member

please define "working"

RattlesnakeDan likes this.
  6. Jeremy M.

Jeremy M. Administrator LoneStarBoars Supporter Vendor

They have that so that you can make sure it was received. Since everything is by paper they can't look up your application and tell you where are are in the pile of forms on the auditors desk.

7. Rappland

Rappland LSB Member

I get it. I just had to whine a bit. It's the Federal version of the DMV, unpleasant.

NYCHOGKILLER likes this.
  8. hdfireman

hdfireman Blackstone Arms SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter Vendor

You will either get pending or approved.

9. Shooter

Shooter Bedford, Texas SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

I called about a month ago and asked what the time frame was and the person told me it was nine months. I told him I had been told by a dealer that the time frame would be two months or less as things were going to be computerized. He told me that he doubted that seriously .

we can only hope that one day congress gets off their ass and passes something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

10. chthump

chthump LSB Member

Guberment workers, takes 6 to do a 1 person job and takes 5 times as long to do it because of all the forms, then filing, checking rules and procedures, then creating more procedures, what a joke

11. der Teufel

der Teufel Livin' the Dream … SUS VENATOR CLUB

When I did mine, I called & they said they'd received my form. I kinda knew that because my check had been cashed. What I inquired about a time frame, they said "We're working on forms received in (month) now".
    That at least gave me an idea of my situation.
    I worked in a telephone support job for a while. I can say with certainty that the attitude of the caller heavily influences the attitude of the person who answers the phone.

12. Rappland

Rappland LSB Member

Just called again to check status and ask what application dates are being processed now. She said August and September. I will assume she means of 2016. My check was cashed 5/19/17. Looks like the accelerated wait times have yet to take place.

13. TEXASLAWMAN

TEXASLAWMAN Lone Star Boars Owner LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

You know every time someone calls it just slows the whole process down for everyone right?

tcr2 likes this.
  14. Jeremy M.

The person that answers the phone does not know when things are being approved most of the time. We are seeing approvals from March and April. However there are also some coming in from October and November. So at the moment it seems like they are not going in order.

15. Rappland

Rappland LSB Member

Yes sir, the reason I called was to ask which dates were being worked to get an idea of where they were. Now, as you can see from Jeremy's post, that may mean nothing anyway. It will be a long while before I call back, if ever, because the only thing I can begin to trust that comes from it would be, "approved", and when that happens, I expect I'll get an email or phone call from Silencer Shop or Cross Hair Tactical, where it's going.

16. Jeremy M.

Did you file as a trust or individual?

17. Rappland

Rappland LSB Member

single shot trust, how's come you ask?

18. Jeremy M.

Just curious. Individuals and trusts with only 1 trustee seem to be coming back faster at the moment.

19. Rappland

Rappland LSB Member

fingers crossed

20. Wildfowler

Wildfowler Mis'sippi SUS VENATOR CLUB

How’s it coming with your companies proposal to the ATF to streamline the procedure using electronic forms?